1998 Isuzu Trooper

1998 Isuzu Trooper Prices
1998 Isuzu Trooper Fuel Economy
Dependable Long Term SUV by T Bone on 08/13/2009. Trim: 1998 Isuzu Trooper S, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Holds everything, very reliable, easy to drive, incredible in the snow or any bad weather.
Cons: Wish Isuzu had put in a bigger engine. Need to check the oil every week. The car has never leaked a thing, it's 3.5 L engine just enjoys eating oil. Keep it full, and you have a happy car. That's about it. No surprises with this SUV.
Overall review: I purchased this SUV brand new in March of 1998. I have not had one breakdown and have only put any money into it over the past year..which I believe was caused by the top-notch technicians at Firestone (avoid them!). I have driven the car across the country a few times now with my wife and our 3 dogs, the back of the car packed, and a Yakima Space Case on the roof and have no issues. It does eat a little oil, so you need to check it every week. That's about it!
Review ID: #541910 Is this review offensive?
Where's my 4th Trooper? by Karen from Texas on 07/18/2001. Trim: 1998 Isuzu Trooper S, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This is my third Trooper, and am currently pricing my fourth. The only time any of my Troopers have had to go back to the dealer was when a CD got stuck in the player. Their resale value is excellent as well.
Cons: Absolutely nothing!
Overall review: Excellent vehicle!
the best suv by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/29/2007. Trim: 1998 Isuzu Trooper S, Owned 7 years.
Pros: im felling safety
Overall review: an exelente suv
Trooper is awsome by sylvesterson on 04/20/2006. Trim: 1998 Isuzu Trooper S, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Awsome vehicle. It's ultimate engine and performance.
Cons: Not much. After 7 yrears I had some issue with wheel alignment but it's ok after 105K mileage
Overall review: Good. Waiting for their Isuzu's New Trooper(not the Ascender)
Long Live the Mighty Trooper by SpokanDan on 05/24/2004. Trim: 1998 Isuzu Trooper S, Owned 7 years.
Pros: This 1986 Trooper was purchased used in 1996 for $2200 with 166K mi. - Now, 8 trouble-free years later, has 252K mi. TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY TWO THOUSAND MILES AND GOING VERY VERY STRONG!!! The 2.3l 4 cyl. is a brute, it's the one to get. Don't mess with a mitsu-based 2.6l, you will have many problems. Isuzu built this thing to work hard for a long time.
Cons: 1986 Trooper - None
Overall review: 1986 Trooper - The paint is still shiny, the motor and all mechanicals are still tight, the A/C is still cold. I replaced the clutch, brakes and water pump at 220K mi. (just to be safe). The Trooper may outlive me. It is a beatiful box. I will get 300K easy without ever having the head off and someone will have to wreck it to pry my fingers off the wheel. SUZI rocks!