2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser

FJ Cruiser, The Best Bang for the Buck by Frank in Wiggins, Ms on 12/25/2011. Trim: 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The FJ Cruiser has lots of room for 5 and cargo. The handling is great on or off the road.
Cons: None, however the MPG rating is off. I am getting about 3 1/2 mpg better.
Overall review: I bought my FJ off the toyota new car lot. It didn't have the Bilsteen shocks and did sway a little on the test drive. I worked my saleman on price and then told him I would close if he replaced the shocks. The dealer ordered them and installed them within 48 hours. The Bilsteens make a big difference.
Formitable 4X4 Suv/Truck. by GizmoWizard From Inland Empire, CA. on 06/15/2012. Trim: 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: My FJ is great. On road it is a pleasure to drive and with the off road package it handles surprisingly well. Off Road it is awesome. That is where it loves to be. I wanted some comfort for a daily driver, but I really wanted a formitable off roader. It's wheel base is perfect for off road. Stable, smooth and doesnt beat you up after driving rough trails all day or all week. Ergonomic controls and my 2008 FJ's radio is easy to see and sounds great. Connect my iPhone with over 500 songs to listen to and hold a bunch of stuff with the rear seat down. I put a 3" ToyTech lift in the front to level it out. Stock Bilstiens work great and skids work ok if you don't beat it on a rock too hard.
Cons: Skids could be a bit tougher, but its still great for the above average off roader. My front skid took a beating once and bent on a hugh rock. But was easy to remove it and hammer it back when i got home. But that's why I lifted it a little. The arm rest on the doors need some more support to take a hefty guy doing pull ups to get back in the vehicle when your off roading and it's 6 foot up to the bottom of door sill. I guess that might be a little to much to ask, but mine cracked when I had to clime in it on a 30 degree incline and got out to take a picture. But it got me there. Not a con really.
Overall review: Overall, a smooth driving, well mannered beast. My gas mileage ranges from 17 MPG up to 25 MPG. I get my best milage on long drives under 60mph and in low range off-roading. Since I love to drive mountain roads AND to off road, this FJ had me from hello. Works great anywhere. Never broke down or needed anything fixed. Bought it new in 2008 with .3 Miles. Dependable, awesome, Toyota.... Need I say more? If you like, what I like, you'll love the FJ Cruiser.
New Toy by Al in Mississippi on 12/05/2011. Trim: 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is an off road vehicle with on road manners. The ride is very good on pavement as well as handling and performance. It has the ability to tow 5000 pounds.
Overall review: When shopping for an SUV of this class, give the FJ a look. After you take it for a test ride, you will be sold. Take everything else out first so you can compare. Once you do, you will be done.
"when ya gotta get there" by Steelworker from Indiana on 11/30/2012. Trim: 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Owned this FJ since January 2008. Have had 0 problems. Hard to see out of it but I've learned to drive accordingly. It is a serious SUV and I'll get another when/if this one goes.
Cons: Really nothing that I had not expected.
Overall review: Outstanding vehicle for me.
The Goods by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/10/2012. Trim: 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent vehicle
Cons: none
Overall review: 10 out of 10