1998 Isuzu Amigo

1998 Isuzu Amigo Prices
1998 Isuzu Amigo Fuel Economy
poor company by A CarPoint Consumer on 07/01/2002. Trim: 1998 Isuzu Amigo S 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: inexpensive price
Cons: front end vibration
Overall review: local dealer service poor
Great 4WD and looks by BR5 TRaining from Cleveland Area on 03/15/2008. Trim: 1998 Isuzu Amigo S V6 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like the style thats why I bought a used one with 100,000 but knowing they eat timing belts which can be destructive to the engine if breaks. The previous owner was retired and his daughter drove the vehicle last few years. Gas mileage is nowhere as nice as my previous vehicle a 97 tracker. However this is much better than the tracker compared to style, bigger vehicle, more power, and COMFORT !. I got a rare one with leather seats and almost all options. The engine does use oil unfortunately. THe color is white which I don't like either. The ABS light is on and further read now that recall at dealership was suppose to reprogram to 2000 edition.
Cons: worried about the engine and ABS abs unit - I might see if the dealer will do it. But NOW ISUZU is pulling out of the car market. Ughhhh,.. I will keep it because I like the looks, maybe will take it to Earl Shirb painting.. guess its a different name now. I have bought 2000 year headlights to swap out. THey look much better, and bought a class III trailer hitch and wiring harness. Also have purchased Bosch Plat 2 spark plugs to put in to get a couple miles per gallon better, worked on my Tracker ! So now I'm on ebay every day watching for parts.
Overall review: LIke the 4WD and style
"OUR WORST NIGHTMARE" by OLGA on 08/15/2006. Trim: 1998 Isuzu Amigo S V6 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Other than the sporty image that attracted the purchase, there is nothing good about this car. Seats are very unconfortable front as well as back.
Cons: Regrettably, we did not buy the toyota. had we done so we would still have a functional vehicle. From the moment we drove out of the dealership, Our fully loaded Isuzo Amigo, was nothing more than the great mone pit. We kept putting money to the car, thinking it would last us like our old toyota. Boy!. Were we wrong! One problem after another. First the ABS. When driving a vehicle there can be no greater fear than loosing complete and utter control, we are fortunate to be alive. Today, we just found out from the dealer., Murphy Izusu in West Chester PA Formerly McGowen that we need a new Transmission. That means its dead. Dead... in less than 7 years!!!!! cost to repair $5300 (DEAD).
Overall review: Regrettably, we did not buy the toyota. had we done so we would still have a functional vehicle. From the moment we drove out of the dealership, Our fully loaded Isuzo Amigo, was nothing more than the great mone pit. We kept putting money to the car, thinking it would last us like our old toyota. Boy!. Were we wrong! One problem after another. First the ABS. When driving a vehicle there can be no greater fear than loosing complete and utter control, we are fortunate to be alive. Today, we just found out from the dealer., Murphy Izusu in West Chester PA Formerly McGowen that we need a new Transmission. I have never heard of an automatic auto needing a new transmittion, much less for one that is only 7 years old. I cannot recommend this vehicle to my worse enemy. Other than mechanical problems is how terribly unconfortable the seats and the ride is. I regret to have been sold on looks and not value.
Amigo (yea the Amigo that always askes for money) by Freddy X on 06/23/2005. Trim: 1998 Isuzu Amigo S 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: i enjoy the soft top and general openness of the amigo. i added over size tires and 18 inch rims. new rubber added a better handling isuzu. the sound system was upgraded, and sounds great when the top is down. The main selling point for myself was the "large" back seat large for the size of the truck compaired to others in the convertable suv market. (have you ever sat in the back of a Jeep or tracker)
Cons: The 2.2L motor is poor at best. i have owned the amigo for 4 and a half years it has been in the shop for a total of 13 months within that time. Good Luck getting Parts!! the inside at first was nice but with some time behind the wheel you start to notice that the wheel, pedals, and seat are off set with eachother causing knee pain after 100 miles.
Overall review: I would not let a friend have an Amigo.
My Little Buddy by Brad from Purdue on 10/26/2004. Trim: 1998 Isuzu Amigo S V6 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Bigger than expected, stronger than expected, and even more fun than expected
Cons: The motor needs to be more reliable. I popped one at 80000miles
Overall review: With the top down, you can have a friend sit on top of the back seat and soak people with water guns. What a fun truck.