2012 Mazda MAZDASPEED3

2012 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 Prices
2012 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 Fuel Economy
"The Sleeper" by Stephan on 04/13/2012. Trim: 2012 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 Touring 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: 24k for the amount of torque and power you get is GREAT, best bang for your buck! I personally bought because it gives you the practicality of a 4door hatch and the sporty feel because I'm not too old to let my young self go even if my body tells me otherwise.
Cons: The big smile grill is a bit of an "eye sore", but if you can get past that then you should be fine. I've had it for 3 months and it has grown on me, personally. The torque steer isn't as bad as people are saying, the one thing I don't like is the suspension.......it's definitely sporty and commuting on roads in the northern Virginia/DC area is not much fun, you will feel every pot hole, bump, and crack!
Overall review: If 24k is in your ball park and you want a 2.3 Turbo, great handling, but pratical car then look no further.......this Mazdaspeed 3 is for you!!!
2012 Mazdaspeed 3 best bang for your buck by exiMS3 on 01/20/2012. Trim: 2012 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 Touring 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handling, POWER, awesome styling, practicality of a hatch, amazing interior, lots of features, very nice 10 speaker Bose audio system, surprisingly 30 mpg is obtainable on highway speeds, TECH PACKAGE OPTION IS A MUST. Can't beat the price for everything this car offers. Interior in the 2012 model is a little updated from the 2011 model, in my opinion for the better.
Cons: The Nav screen is a tad small, but if your eyesight is ok, it is readable. With great power in a front wheel drive car, comes great torque steer. It isn't too terrible from my experience so far, but just be very careful if you plan on gunning it. Other than full throttle, the torque steer is very manageable and almost unnoticeable if driven right.
Overall review: I am a previous '96 Mazda Miata owner who was looking to get something with a backseat, yet still sporty for a reasonable price. Boy does the MS3 take the cake. The handling is everything I come to know and love from Mazda, and is almost just as great as the Miata. The power of the car is pure joy, it can be cruised around town with not a care in the world...or when you mash the accelerator you can unleash the beast. Once the turbo kicks in you definitely know it, you get pinned to your seat with a huge satisfactory grin the size of the car's grin. I won't go into details about the features the car has, but I am seriously surprised at all the goodies they packed into the car. And the Tech Package option adds even more, and is completely worth it. Best feeling in the world: A friend climbs into your new MS3 and asks how much you paid for it. You tell them "around $25k" and watch their jaw drop and proceed to tell you "I would have though you paid over $30k for it, this thing is NICE"
Love my SPEED by Nik from Cleveland on 09/04/2013. Trim: 2012 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 Touring 5-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: First and foremost, love the acceleration and handling with lsd. I was shocked the stock tires (summer performance) actually grip the road quite well. The sound system if you are streaming with something that has a built in equalizer, actually sounds great (otherwise it's a tad flat). Wheel styling is excellent and easy to clean break dust from. Lots of cargo room from a little hatch with those fold down seats. Tech pack adds the HIDs and a semi-decent GPS along with satellite radio, mirrors with bsm and seems a well worth it upgrade.
Cons: The seats, while initially comfortable and hugging, are not conducive to long car trips. Your Bose stero, as mentioned before, sounds a little flat even after the in-car eq tuning. The stock air intake and turbo inlet pipe are both extremely restrictive and poorly designed. Tires - you’ll need winters if in an area with snow – and once obtained, this thing is a tank in the snow. Torque limited in lower gears makes me sad panda... so people don't complain about torque steer, I assume, can be tuned out if desired
Overall review: A couple of extra quips: This car for the price, handles like a champ and is a blast to drive daily. I can't praise this car enough - having driven my friends’ hatches and various sporty vehicles prior to purchase. Regarding the "premium" Bose, you require a device either wired or streaming to have its own eq to get the best sound. Bless that little sub in the middle of the spare tire in your hatch, but it’s terribly underpowered lol. Nav is tiny but with voice guidance, it gets the job done. Regarding the air intake box and TIP, prior to replacement with aftermarket parts, I was getting 22mpg at best (very.. spirited.. driver). Now I’m averaging 27. Highly suggested you look into these options if anything, for the gas mileage increase alone.
2012 SPEED 3 by Miltron on 06/05/2012. Trim: 2012 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 Touring 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Really like the power, and handling capability of this car. Styling is excellent, looks super sharp.
Cons: My Car was at the dealer getting repaired for - 2nd gear pops of place while decelerating. The dealership said that the 2nd gear, forks, and syncros needed to be replaced caused by "unknown causes" Now I had to take it back because there is a strange sound when turning sharply at low contant speeds (could be just the prior maintence that had been done on it, however they are still checking it out) The seats I think could be a bit more comfortable, but it could just come with the sport car type.
Overall review: Overall an Awesome car, however I hope not many people experience the tranmission issue I have incountered.
Test Driver
MS3 is great by Jay Long Beach, Ca on 03/11/2013. Trim: 2012 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 Touring 5-Door.
Pros: Best bang for your buck, fit to finish this car is flawless. Especially with the tech package option.
Cons: Should have been awd
Overall review: Mazda built a high quality tuner car. The best bang for your bucks on the market Zoom-Zoom