2012 Mazda Mazda3

Best compact car for the money by Louis N from Long Island, NY on 03/01/2012. Trim: 2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring MT 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great car for the money. Handles very well and has a smooth ride. I have the 2.0 liter Skyactiv engine. With the first tank of gas I got 35.3 mpg (this is a REAL number and not exagerated) mostly highway. This number should only go up after the break in period. I'm pleased so far with everything about the vehicle. Looked at the Subaru Impreza, Ford Focus, Nissan Sentra and the Kia Soul (Kia dealers are trying to sell over sticker!! I walked right out!!) and I feel that the Mazda 3 beats them all especially with the new Skyactiv Technology.
Cons: The standard stereo is not that great
Overall review: I owned a Mazda Tribute for 8 years and was completely satisfied with the vehicle except for the gas mileage. Never had any problems and still had the original battery! The truck handled like a sports car. So if you want a great reasonably priced car that handles and rides like an expensive European car then buy the Mazda 3. Now with the much improved gas mileage this is a no-brainer! ZOOM - ZOOM!!
Finally a fun economical car. by JR Murrieta CA on 01/20/2012. Trim: 2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring AT 4-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Fuel mileage, acceleration, and handling. Pretty good trunk space for a small car as well.
Cons: Sometimes hit my head getting in the drivers side, and I'm 5'10" so a tall man may have a more difficult time getting in.
Overall review: Too bad the new Skyactive model wasn't reviewed, as it gets way better mileage and peppier engine. With mostly around town driving, I get a little over 30 mpg, and over 40 on the highway. This is a real fun car to drive with great handling and responsive acceleration. I really love this car!
Discerning purchase by bill from Philadelphia on 06/23/2012. Trim: 2012 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring MT 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: acceleration, handling, braking...much better than my 2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport... a more refined vehicle in every way except for AWD. I have owned a 1990 & 2004 Honda Civic Si and this car handles just as well, if not better. You step on the gas , it goes...you brake, it stops, in short a driver's car. This is the type of sporty car Honda used to make. My 3s GT with all options for 24k offers the best balance of style, fun and practicality you can find at that price point. I cross shopped the Juke (busy ride, uncomfortable seats), new Subaru Impreza ( no power, CVT noisy), skyactiv motor ( no low end punch), VW GTI (afraid of German reliabilty) and suffer no buyer's remorse.
Cons: needs daytime running lights, SIrius radio sounds ethereal ?
Overall review: If you want a car with fun, style and practicality, but find BMWs hopelessly overpriced, you will not be disappointed with this car. Depending on reliability and the long term solvency of the brand, I'm a Mazda fan for life!
Everything on my shopping list by debjohn on 02/09/2012. Trim: 2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring AT 4-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have the new SjkyActiv engine... 29 miles a gallon on mostly short trip driving. This engine is also very quiet. Many cars I tried had a steering column that would not adjust adequately for a 5' 1" woman to see well. This one does.
Cons: Haven't found anything yet... perhaps the short list of colors for the exterior.
Overall review: I am very pleased. Easy to drive. Good handling. Looks good. Comfortable.
OK, I'm Sold. by Ouloubay on 04/17/2012. Trim: 2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring MT 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I've had it for a little over a month and a half and so far, I'm completely sold on this car. Much less road noise than my Camry and infinitely more fun to drive. I've never been a fan of Bose but this thing sounds GREAT! Current average MPG is 38.4 with approximately 70% hwy driving. Very tight fit on all parts.
Cons: Not available with leather seats and I've never liked sun/moon roofs which seem to be mandatory with the package.
Overall review: I'm loving this car. More space than you would think and the ride is outstanding. I'm looking forward to taking it to the mountains for a real workout though I'm sure that will effect my current average MPG negatively.