2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata

I love my Miata by Old dude fom CA on 06/26/2012. Trim: 2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring Power Hard Top, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is the most fun to drive you can have, without a big-bucks "real" sports car budget. The car is agile to get you "out of trouble" but still solid feeling to just cruise on in everyday commuting. The mileage (I get 31 plus) is a big factor with today's high gas prices. The absolute best thing is the Power Retractable Hard Top! This is my third Miata (a 95 & 99), and the soft top version is definitely not as day-to-day user friendly as the "push the button" top. This is much more comfortable, quiet, and functional than the rag top versions on my past Miatas. This is the best (solo) commuter car you can get, for my money.
Cons: I suppose in a perfect world, I would love to have more horsepower, (but I still want my 31 MPG!). But really, as long as you choose this car for what it is meant to do (fun, personal or just one buddy, transportation), it is just about perfect. I have a truck to carry things, I really don't need to hear that "it doesn't have enough storage room". Silly comment.
Overall review: I love the Miata concept. The fun and pure driving enjoyment of an old British sports car (I owned two different 3 liter Austin Healy's in a past life), with the comfort (no A/C in those days!) and RELIABILITY of a modern car. If you have ever owned a British sports car, you know why I emphasize that feature. Best daily commute car I can imagine (I do about 80 miles a day).
A great roadster! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/21/2012. Trim: 2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought a new 1997 Miata Limited Edition STO. After all these years this car has been very good to me. I am almost at 200,000 miles and I'm still on the original clutch. (Whenever I bring it to my mechanic 'Integrated performance' (In Los Angeles) They say my clutch is ok. :) That's quite a statement about the quality to this fine automobile. Yes I maintain it well, but this is a great car. Thank you Mazda!
Cons: The cons are minimal, I've owned this car forever, and the wear and tear is very normal.
Overall review: If your considering a Miata, well I've owned mine for for 15 years (My primary car) It's been a great extremely low maintance car. A true pleasure to own.
Review ID: #562004 Is this review offensive?
Sweet Ride by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/07/2012. Trim: 2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition Power Hard Top, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Performance is great, acceleration a plus. Retractable hard top very easy and quick. Very comfortable ride.
Cons: Slight wind noise makes hearing radio a little difficult with top down, but that's expected.
Overall review: Absolutely love driving this car. It's fun, stylish and gets great gas mileage too!
The most affordable and outstanding roadster you can buy. by MRT/Illinois on 06/02/2012. Trim: 2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring Power Hard Top, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is our second Miata. The first was a 1999 and this is a 2010 PRHT Grand Touring model. Both cars were/are outstanding but the 2010 is a definite upgrade in several areas. The handling on both is incredible but the gas mileage on the 2010 is as high as 37+ mpg and the performance is better. The retractable hardtop provides a quieter cabin and gives more security. This is by far the most fun car to drive of any I have owned and although it is only a two seater, I would recommend this car for anyone who truly enjoys driving.
Cons: None. It is perfect for what it is supposed to be- a simple, reliable and enjoyable car.
Overall review: This is a great car.
Great fun at a bargain price! by Mike from New Mexico on 08/18/2012. Trim: 2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Nice styling, good handling, excellent braking, fit and finish very nice. The red color is perfect for a sports car. Priced right. And did I say it's FUN!
Cons: Not enough head and leg room I'm 6' 4" but we bought the car for my wife any way and its perfect for her! More power would be nice.
Overall review: it's a winner!