2012 Volvo C70

"My favorite retractable." by Funseeker from SoCal on 04/13/2012. Trim: 2012 Volvo C70 T5 Premier Plus, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great styling Fun to drive Extremely safe Plenty of room, even in the trunk with the top down(I keep all of my sports equipment including my golf clubs in the trunk at all times) Actually seats four adults(Although with the top up, older folks might have a little difficulty stepping into the back)
Cons: A 6 speed automatic trans. would be nice.
Overall review: I have had my 2011, C70 for about 20 months, covering about 32,000 miles. I love this car. With the top up it looks and drives like a luxury sports cooupe. With the top down, the C70 is a great looking, fun to drive, open-air experience. It does not perform like a true sports car, but the C70 is not promoted as a sports car. I have had a few soft top convertibles, but they don't even compare to the C70. The C70 is the smoothest, quietest, roomiest, most stylish retractable hard top for under $80,000. And the performance is plenty good enough to get you a ticket or two if you are not careful. Did I mention that the C70 is one of the safest convertibles on the market today. Give the C70 a look, it will be worth your time.
Head-Turner by No Longer A Soccer Mom on 10/09/2013. Trim: 2012 Volvo C70 T5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The looks and styling are head-turning. Fun to drive. The pop-up-out-of-the-dash navigation system is a great feature since it stores well out of the way when not in use. The blind spot elimination system is a great safety feature! The ride with the top up is quiet and it seems odd but you don't get blown away with excessive wind when the top is down. You can carry on a normal conversation when the top is down. There is an assist feature that allows easier access to the trunk items when the top is down. The seats are comfortable.
Cons: The armrest is a little high for me. The navigation system control is cumbersome though intuitive. The top won't go down if the cargo cover in the trunk is in the up position so you have to get out and close it if you want the top down.
Overall review: I stopped at a traffic light and a guy and his wife literally rolled down their window and said mine was the best-looking car they've ever seen. People turn around to see what kind of car it is as we go by. Beautiful leather interior. Sleek exterior. So much fun to drive on two lane curvy roads! Interior and exterior lighting above-expected. Storage space is maximized. Great car!
Great style Great performance ......but.... by spyro Yuma on 02/03/2013. Trim: 2012 Volvo C70 T5, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The style is what sold me and everyone else. Top up or down, strangers would compliment it. And the front seats felt great ! Back seat only OK. For a retractible hardtop there was a lot of room in the trunk even when the top was down. Highway speed was fantastic. !! I never made it to 150 mph but I have no doubt the Volvo could. High beams were so good, I believe you could drive that speen at night.
Cons: Little problems. arm rest, seat belts and wind. premium gas. Big problem . The car had way too much negative camber on the rear wheels and ate tires at an alarming rate. The dealership insisted this was within specs. Had to finally settle this on my own with adjustable aftermarket Mazda control arms. Volvo dealerships are few here, and the one closest to us was very polite, , yet very expensive and incompetent
Overall review: A beautiful car with luxury and performance, but some design flaws . And it could use better dealership backing .The drivers armrest has a hard edge just where my elbow wanted to go. It is also possible to accidently lower all 4 windows at once at highway speed in winter. The rear seatbelts will flutter wildly in the wind unless tucked in. The shoulder belts in front did the same, but not so bad. There was excess wind from the rear at highway speeds , necessitating the optional windscreen. The diagram of a person to show air flow form the heater / air conditioner, was not as convenient as I had expected. The price of premium gas got to me. Volvo dealerships are few here, and the one closest to us was very polite, very professional , yet expensive and incompetant.
New C70 Burned egg and sulfur smell in Cabin; passenger side window crackin by V on 10/23/2012. Trim: 2012 Volvo C70 T5 Platinum, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Smooth Ride, comfortable short drives and strong engine. I like the design. Kids love the sun roof going into the trunk. Kids call the car a Transformer.
Cons: owned the car for two months I have a burning smell in the cabin of the car. Its a overwhelming smell and smells like rotten eggs, Sulfur. Today the car has been in the Dealership for 6 days and Im angry. I had to go and drive the car to recreate the problem. The car Technicians could recreate the problem The smell made service advisor sick. This is dangerous because you can pass out that's how strong it is. The smell gave made me dizzy and sick to my stomach. Dealer doesn't know whats causing the burn smell at higher speeds and hard acceleration. They have to figure it out where its coming from its not coming in through the air vents. - Rear seat too small. -No NAV or rear camera.
Overall review: -Look at other hard top convertibles before you buy this car. It seems the technicians arent versed on High-end cars like Volvo, BMW or Mercedes. Maybe its just the dealership Im working with. If you test drive the 2012 C70 and you see a smoke haze in the cabin and smell a burning smell in the cabin with the windows up and AC going plus the recirculation turned on do not buy this car. The smell will get worse and make you sick and give you headache plus make you dizzy. - Service managers says let them fix the car but I dont want the car because I feel unsafe in it I may pass out in it and crash if they dont get the fix right. not sure what
Best valued retrackable on the market by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/17/2012. Trim: 2012 Volvo C70 T5 Premier Plus, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Overall review: I have had my 2011, C70 for about 20 months, covering about 32,000 miles. I love this car. With the top up it looks and drives like a luxury sports cooupe. With the top down, the C70 is a great looking, fun to drive, open-air experience. The C70 is the smoothest, quietest, roomiest, most stylish retractable hard top for under $80,000. And the performance is plenty good enough to get you a ticket or two if you are not careful. Did I mention that the C70 is one of the safest convertibles on the market today. Give the C70 a look, it will be worth your time.
Overall review: Best retrackable top coupe on the market. Best Value for your money. Uses regular gas