1997 Isuzu Rodeo

1997 Isuzu Rodeo Prices
1997 Isuzu Rodeo Fuel Economy
Very dangerous, folds like a tin can even in low-speed collisions. by J K on 03/25/2012. Trim: 1997 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It was cute. I like the look of the Rodeo, that's why I bought my '97. I also like the external spare tire, allowing more cargo space.
Cons: It's a death trap. My rodeo nearly killed me, at no more than 35 mph. It began fishtailing (perhaps I clipped a curb?), and it was throwing me left to right so hard that I couldn't get the wheel steady. The vehicle completely lost it, and flipped, landing upside down. The roof caved in on my head as though the entire vehicle were a Pepsi can. I am very fortunate to even be alive to write this review, although I have a concussion and spinal injuries. I didn't realize how squirrely they were until it was too late, so hopefully my review will help someone to make a more educated decision. If this thing had wrecked at any significant speed, like on a highway for example, I would be dead.
Overall review: It's a great little SUV, and fun to drive. I truly loved my little Rodeo. But I regret ever purchasing it. I now drive a Volvo. ;)
Still a Great Little Truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/31/2006. Trim: 1997 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: - It's rugged - It was inexpensive to purchase - The styling is classic - It runs great - No unexpected maintenance repairs
Cons: - somewhat costly to maintain, requires a lot of recommended maintenance - wheel lugs must be removed and replaced by hand and torqued to specs or you will be replacing wheel studs whenever you have your wheels removed. I request this now up front and the shops do comply - it has saved a lot of frustration.
Overall review: I'm at 71,000 miles now (last post was at 46,000). Replaced brakes all 4 wheels. New timing belt, tensioner and other timing components per recommended maintenance. Truck is running great. 15 - 16 mpg (mostly city), Oil consumption at 1 qt/2000 miles using Mobil 1 Synthetic (same as last post).
great truck by mar kass Ga on 07/25/2008. Trim: 1997 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: good power, great in snow
Cons: check engine light. poor fuel milage
Overall review: reliable, but check engine light constantly comes on. great winter truck. poor fuel milage
Best SUV on the road by Skeeter from Lincoln on 03/25/2008. Trim: 1997 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The very best auto I have ever owned and I have had plenty! This is by far the most dependable auto I have ever had, the only thing I have ever had to do is change the oil and put in new headlamp bulbs, starts every morning on the first try. Very attractive SUV and is so pretty when washed and waxed. The only down fall I could mention is that there are no cup holders and the seats could be more comfortable for a long distance trip!
Cons: no cup holders
Overall review: Absolutely the best auto I have owned
Rodeo is way to go. by RobbyDee from Tulsa on 03/06/2008. Trim: 1997 Isuzu Rodeo S V6 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The body design is great if you like classic looking SUVs (which I do). It has a lot of power without killing you on gas mileage. I have had no major repairs in 5 years. Needs no extras added, but you have a lot of options to add from wind gaurds to side rails to chrome accents if you want to.
Cons: It ate through brakes till I found some higher quality pads. You can either pay more for pads or buy them more often. Either way it comes out about the same if you can replace them yourself. Clear coat began flaking on roof and hood. Using a colored wax hides it nicely, but it still comes through each month. I advise regular light washes and heavy waxes. Wipers make it a pain to drive in cold and wet weather because they can't keep snow/ice clear. Even high end blades haven't helped. I keep a thermos of warm water to deice with when it gets too bad.
Overall review: I love this truck! Purchased it used with 55K miles and now have 133K. That's 78K in 5 years with no major repairs at all. I bought a '98 Rodeo for my wife after 3 years of owning this one and it is just as awesome. If you like smaller SUVs then this is the truck for you. Just keep up on regular maint. and it will keep on truckin.