2012 MINI Countryman

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Great Style & performance in a Maxi Mini package by Patrick, Las Vegas, NV on 06/12/2012. Trim: 2012 MINI Countryman S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Looks great, great engine, so far great fuel economy (average 27 mpg)
Cons: Placement of the cup-holders in the front is ridiculous. Fixed it by adding two more on the rail.
Overall review: Very happy with the purchase of this Mini.
There is nothing Mini about this Countryman by Wayward Traveler on 05/27/2012. Trim: 2012 MINI Countryman S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Spacious interior. - Fast acceleration. - Immediate feedback on the steering wheel. - Sleek styling. - Smooth interior. - Brilliant bucket seats. - Great gas mileage. - And the list goes on...
Cons: Cup holders are way too tight to the window switches and locks. The USB hookup - not really ideal to put the USB dock for your iPhone or whatever mp3 player you have, which is blocked by your handbrake..
Overall review: The car begs for you to press down on the pedal and steer it like a rally driver. The most fun I've ever had driving a car - honestly there is no need for much add-ons, because all I can think about is sharp maneuvering and the nice giddy up.
"The Supersized MINI" by MINIMotorist from Milwaukee on 08/09/2012. Trim: 2012 MINI Countryman S ALL4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Spacious interior, fast acceleration, great feedback on the steering wheel, brakes sharp and on point, great gas mileage and superior performance in snow and rain. I also love the fact that I can move the back seats and get more room, I can now put my bike there if I want to. Guaranteed MINI Customer Service support.
Cons: Cup holders are useless and the USB hookup is not placed in the best area. But I didn't buy this car to hold my coffee and I have the bluetooth system so I rarely plug my iPhone there, the iPod nano plugs and fits perfect, plus the satellite radio solves the issue for me.
Overall review: I replaced my MINI Cooper S with the Countryman ALL4 S, so far no regrets. I still miss my little fun car tough, but the Countryman is like his big brother. MINI cars served to a very specific drivers, if you like big Mini Vans/Trucks and you are more concerned about the bells and whistles that come with the car instead of the driving performance/experience, no offense but you are definitely not a MINI target/ driver. You will be happier with a HONDA. If you like wheel power, sleek style in a fun low profile car. The MINI Countryman is for you.
Best of both worlds, Sporty and Spacious. by Bill on 08/04/2012. Trim: 2012 MINI Countryman S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Handling, Braking, Accelleration all beat the competitors. Real drivers don't care about cup holders or bumpy ride, that is what makes this car a DRIVERS car. The rest of you can continue to drive slowly in the left hand lane as cars stack up behind you.
Cons: The only thing I don't like is the sun shade on the sunroof.
Overall review: Great Drivers car, if you like to drive and enjoy exploring the country this is for you.
you will love it or hate it by Ace on 01/12/2013. Trim: 2012 MINI Countryman S ALL4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Fun to drive. If that is the priority, this is the car. Twisty roads will make you grin. It begs you to corner hard. For me, it overpowers the negatives, most of the time. The six speed manual is excellent. Turbo a must.
Cons: Tire noise. Runflats make it worse. The interior quirks are well noted, and all valid. The mechanical and electrical reliability is shameful. Dealer fixes under warranty, but wow, what a lot of them. Seats extremely firm, thin seat pad, minimal adjustments.
Overall review: If you live near a dealer who is good, and you can cope with seeing them a lot, it is a fun, fun car. If you want to drive it and forget it, buy a car made across the other ocean.
2 3 4 5 6  Next