2012 Hyundai Veloster

2012 Hyundai Veloster Prices
2012 Hyundai Veloster Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Boston Red by Neal from Harrison, Arkansas on 03/25/2012. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Veloster, Owned 1 year.
Pros: First and foremost this is an economy car. It should be rated for what it is, not what someone might want it to be. Price wise, place it toward the high end of econoboxes. Where this car excels is in the amount of features available in this this class. External appearance suggests a car costing much more. Internal appearance is very well done. There is lots of plastic, but again, this is an economy car. I have averaged 36.5 mpg over 8000 miles with a worst tank at 35 mpg. I have the Tech package and thoroughly enjoy the features. If I lost this car I wouldn't even consider any other as a replacement. I have the 6 speed manual transmission and find it enjoyable to shift.
Cons: Side and rear visibility is below average. By tilting the mirrors outward the ability to see adjacent lane traffic is acceptable. The Tech package rear view camera solves any visibility issue while backing. With only 138 horsepower passing can be an issue. I find the power acceptable, knowing that I need to downshift if I need gain speed quickly. At 50 mph I will typically downshift to 4th in order to pass on two lane roads. If you love this car but want more power, wait for the Turbo version being released this summer.
Overall review: If you are looking for a great looking economical car, the Veloster is an excellent choice. In over forty five years of owning cars I can truthfully say this one is the most enjoyable.
Commuter car with style by Mr. Mark on 04/30/2012. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Veloster Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Really good gas mileage. Beautiful interior. Very comfortable. 17" wheels roll very smooth and solid at freeway speed. Brake rotors on all four wheels, 6-speed manuel transmission. I like that reverse is engaged going all the way left and up with a lock-ring under the knob (kinda like a VW). Cruise control, air-conditioning, "Blue-link" (like OnStar on steroids), bluetooth hand-free cell, telescopic/tilt steering wheel, XM Radio, USB port for iPods or any .mp3 player. It will also play your stored music on your iPhone or Android smartphone through the Bluetooth system (no hook-up necessary.
Cons: This vehicle does not come with a spare tire. It comes with a miniature air-compressor that plugs into the auxillery 12V outlet, along with a sealent cannister that will seal 99% of the punctures one is likely to pick-up (nails, screws, glass, etc.). If you get a flat that requires an on-the-spot tire change, then you would be in trouble. Hyundai's answer to that rare occurance is a roadside assistence program that is second to none (according to them). Being a hands-on guy, I'd prefer have a spare. The weak acceleration doesn't bother me as I knew that going in. The blind-spot visability is a bit lacking though.
Overall review: I bought this vehicle for one specific purpose - a 78 mile daily commute (5 days a week). So, for the purose I am using it for, it is perfect. I decided to purchase a Hyundai after reading a "Popular Mechanics" article stating that their own gas mileage testing yielded 47 MPG on the highway. That kind of mileage is attractive when considering that there are no hybrid batteries to replace - ever, because it is not a hybrid. Yes, the motor does not accelerate very strong, because it is only a 1.6 liter in-line 4 cylinder (1600cc). This should be thought of as a commuter car. As for bells and whistles, wow! I was thinking how today's econobox's are like yesterday's luxury car, - only better.
NO GIDDY UP OR GO by NOLED on 11/01/2011. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Veloster Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The styling and the interior is very good. For an economy car, the fit and finish are good. The six sppeed manual shifts are crisp and the sunroof sets off the styling both inside and out. The sound system (425 watts) stacks up well to the Inifinity system we had in our Rav4. We have not had use of the back seats yet but as long as theres room for the golf clubs,it will do. Our longest trip so far has been about 45 miles and there is no complaints on the ride. While I'm not blown away with this car as others are, our other two cars are a 350z and a MR2., so the rating will be kind of hard
Cons: Its needs about 20 to 30 more horses under the hood, Hyundai has the engine to do this (the Elantra engine) and I doubt it would have effected the gas mileage much. The Bluelink system should have been an option only Homelink system should be a stand alone option. EDR's should never be on any vehicle made for the US
Overall review: We bought this car for the raw gas mileage period! It has some style and a lot of gadgets to play with and with that in mind, Alot of people willl buy it that are not in Hyundai's select demographics. This car was built for the 18 -25 group that want all the telematics that this car comes equipt with I see it being a second or third car for older (36-50) group and not all of those wanna Facebook while they drive All in all its not a bad car ,Its just not sure what it is. Styled like a sports car, but the engine of a Pacer. The Ceo of Hyundai says that sports cars are not about 0-60 times, ........well yeah they are to an extent
Amazing hatch by D from NC on 10/14/2011. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Veloster Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: They styling of this car is different and in my opinion awesome. The engine is fuel efficent and has enough pep to get you from place to place without much trouble. I got 34.5 mpg for my first tank of gas in the automatic. That is about an 70% hwy to 30% city split. Pretty good in my opinion. The seats are comfortable and the car is a good size. Not to big not to small. The amount of technology is amazing and the quality of the car is stunning. It rides great and is great around corners. The car begs to be driven fast. A remarkable car for this price point, i would have paid much more for a car of this quality.
Cons: The cars chassis and ride begs you to drive it hard. While the engine is able to go pretty quick, the engine defently lacks the power to push the car to its limits. The car can handle much more than the engine can deal out but if you are looking for fuel effiecency, like I was, then this engine will be perfectly fine. The back seat head room is tight but its fine for most people under say 6'1". The touch screen interface is alittle complicated and can take some time to get use to. It can be hard to find things and is difficult at times. These are my only problems with the car but really I am being very picky.
Overall review: Overal, this car is amazing. The quality of the fit and finish, interior, ride, chassis, the refinement of the engine, and the fuel effiency is top knotch and the Veloster puts most other manufactors to shame. I do wish it had more power but I wanted the gas millage rather than the speed demon like starts that they could have gone with. It is comfortable, it is awesome looking, and it is fun to drive. What more could you ask for in a car? It is an all around amazing car and everyone should give it a chance. While its quicky looks and quicky practicality may not be for everyone, everyone should drive one. Trust me you will not regreat the purchase. I love mine and plan on keeping it for a very long time.
Great economy car by Vancouver Veloseter on 07/18/2012. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Veloster, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle , for the money , is one of the best ones that I have owned. The tech package is still amazing to me. Last week, I pluged a stick into the USB port, the MP's sounded better than XM satalite. I also had a movie on the stick and I could watch it with no issues. The 120 volt inverter means that I don't have to buy a separate car charger for my phone as well, and when I step into my car , the bluetooth hooks up automaticaly
Cons: As every one say's, it could use a few more horses and visability is a little to be desired (but that would change the look of the car). Also, the l per 100km is a off by about .5l over a tank of gas
Overall review: Over all , this is a great car. I had my first car in the 80's(75 civic)and the motors were 1200cc. Sports cars were 1600 and 2000cc. Also had a 87 CRX that had about 90hp, so the 138hp with the veloseter is pretty good. Handling is great, like being on rails around the corner, fuel econ. is great over 35mpg city, over 50mpg hwy( imperial gal). This is an economy car that delivers what it says. Fun and practical.
Review ID: #561916 Is this review offensive?
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next