2012 Kia Soul

falling flat by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/20/2012. Trim: 2012 Kia Soul +, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: roomy inside,comfortable.
Cons: very dissapointed with the gas mileage. i drive 67 miles one way to work, all hwy. am struggling to get 28 mpg. previously owned a kia spectra and got 30 + mpg and in had a spare tire(wieght). would not have purchased this vehicle had i known about it's poor gas mileage. have almost 5k miles ,no improvement.
Overall review: if the gas mileage on hwy was anywhere close to 35mpg i would love this vehicle...... but ..not so much.
2012 KIA Soul by Gerhard on 12/13/2011. Trim: 2012 Kia Soul +, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Tops in safety, mileage is great. This is my second Soul. I was hit by a Ford pickup in the drivers door. The way the side air bags deployed, I never even got sor neck. The 2010 Soul was totaled. I ran to the dealer to get another Soul.
Cons: No cons
Overall review: I have had a soul for two years and loved the car. The 2012 is even better than the 2010 in ride and room. I can't wait to see what KIA has in store for the future.
I love my Kia Soul + by Onebignerd - Dalton, Georgia on 03/12/2012. Trim: 2012 Kia Soul +, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Wife has a Sorento and I have the Soul. I love the way my Kia Soul drives. Very smooth ride. It is much higer up than a car. I admit the blind spots are annoying but if you get one of little round mirrors to put on your left and right mirrors, then you are set. The sound system is absolutely awesome and I do not even have the supreme sound that the Soul ! has.
Cons: The MPG they promised is not going to happen. No matter if you use the ECO or not. I live in Georgia, there is a lot of freeway driving I am getting 28 on the freeway. But I tell you this I love this Kia Soul! I wouldn't give it up for anything.
Overall review: If one is looking for a small, compact vehicle with a lot of room, then PLEASE take a look at the whole Soul line-up, then take a test drive. You will see why a lot of people (not just myself) are sold on the Soul.
fun and exciting by cj from everywhere on 11/11/2011. Trim: 2012 Kia Soul +, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: handling is the best--turns very quick--great brakes--easy to see out of--great seating postion--nice dash--good controls--lots of interior lights--comfortable to sit in on long drives
Cons: putting on the seatbelts in the front seats
Overall review: sweet car to drive and fun to look at
Refined Ride and Build by John on 12/04/2011. Trim: 2012 Kia Soul +, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The car is easy to get in and out of. My girl friend age 71 loves it. It is quiet, responsive, comfortable, and spacious. It has more bells and whistles than I want, need, or will ever use. Havng those is nice, nontheless. It is $200 less a year to insure versus a Corolla for me. I pay $730 a year at GEICO - age 66 - limited non-work non-school driving. The sticker price for the white Soul+ was $19,750. My web based quote (via a MSN auto link) and ultimate purchase price was $16,750, plus the usual mandatory taxes and fees. KIA charged me a 1.9% interest rate for the three year loan that I wanted.
Cons: I don't feel comfortable without a spare tire on board. That said, KIA provides the car with an automatic tire repair system and gives you a free five year road side service contract should you have a problem. Mileage around town is not great, but my average trip is a mile to the store and a mile back. My 1998 Cavalier needed filling up every month and a half. The Soul+ needs a fill up every four months. Both have around the same fuel tank size.
Overall review: I buy new cars and keep them until they are not economically repairable. The KIA feels like it will outlast me. My primary concerns were comfort and convenience. KIA has both. If you are older and have trouble getting into an SUV or something lower like a Cavalier, now the Chevy Cruze, or Camery, you will find this car a welcome relief.