2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Prices
2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Fuel Economy
Wonderful with just a few misses. by Auto Enthusiast on 05/12/2012. Trim: 2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4MATIC, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I read the other reviews and don't completely disagree. However I have own them all with a current stable of 13 cars. For an SUV it is the creamest and dreamest one out there. Okay maybe a bit over the top but it is refined, performance and surrounded in luxourious comfort. Quality in craftmanship is trademark MB. I have the GL550 and this is a marvelous combination and balance of the best SUV, sport sedan and luxury sedan cars rolled into one. It is a good sized large SUV, not a behemouth like some others.
Cons: Now for the reality check that I can live with. Fuel econony, soft brakes, no CD down loading to HD.
Overall review: Buy it if the price fits your budget. Not over tricked out like the Escalade, much more refined and civilized compared to the harsh clumsy ride of the LX570, beautiful compared to the polarizing cartoonish appearance of the Infinity QX56 and finally more polished interior than Land Rover HSE (looks a bit like a machine shop in side to me). When you drive into a restaraunt as with my other MB AMG63 they know you have arrived.
Not Enough for $90k by NnN on 04/07/2012. Trim: 2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4MATIC, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Quality and conservative, elogant styling. Many other luxury SUV's have industrial appearance and feel. Handling outstanding for a large SUV and very quiet comfortable understated interior.
Cons: Command center out-dated at best. Slow response, no touch screen capabilities. Lags behind other SUV's and for the money is a big disappointment. Best way to discribe electronics and displays as awkward. You do not even have outside temperature as standard part of display. You must menu through pages of old school drill down layers to find anything. Find this to be true of German cars however. Also way behind US in gas saving technology and they still require premium fuel. Ouch. Finally my GL550 had Continetial Tires on it that pulled terribly to the right and steering as cock-eyed as you can get.
Overall review: For the money not enough. A $90k car should be what all others strive to be but you can find US and Japanesse SUV's for much less that will satisfy you and win hands down on electronics. I also found misleading advertising about your abiity to burn CD's to the fixed hard drive they call Music Register. It can not be done except through awkward conversion process to a narrow range of SD's. Again behind the times and misleading. You should alwasy never trust a manufacturer that says they are waiting to update in nextgeneration. I am not buying the next generation. You seem to admit the problems so take your car of the market. However if all you care about is the ride you won't disappointed except for premium gas and fuel mileage.
Should get a little more for the Money by jpg on 02/18/2012. Trim: 2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4MATIC, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Quality of materials and styling with exception of Continental tires suffering radial pull. Yeah that's right a $90k car with Continental tires and they have been affecting alignment and steering due to radial pull. MB won't replace as they say no safety issue. Great Ride and handling for an SUV despite tire interference.
Cons: If you prefer the state of the art in electronics and gadgets stick with US or Japanesee cars. 2-3 years behind US and Japan. Not loaded as other US/Japanessee Mfgs. Brakes very soft and leaves driver with a lack of confidence in stopping power.
Overall review: For a $90k ride disappointing as everything and I mean everything should be state of the art and superior. My US SUV is as good as the MB for 1/2 the price. The style is great and emotion may win out.
Mercedes GL 350 diesel is the best all-around vehicle I have owned. by Joesph on 03/10/2013. Trim: 2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL350 BlueTEC, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I own a GL 350 Bluetech diesel. Its probably the best all-around SUV I have ever had. Its refined very quiet diesel with great acceleration, 25 mpg which is pretty remarkable for a full size SUV with 7500 lb towing capacity. I have previously owned a Suburban (fully loaded), Range Rover (fully loaded), BMW X5 (fully loaded) but I found them hard to drive on a daily basis. I believe Mercedes company simply tests their vehicle more rigorously than any other brand. I enjoy driving the GL 350 diesel with air suspension and I don't feel beaten up after a few hundred mile of driving it.
Cons: I have yet to try the Lexus SUVs. In the past I had generally found that the Japanese simply have a different idea of comfort than we do. No offense! I will try the Lexus next.
Overall review: Mercedes GL 350 diesel is quiet, fuel efficient, roomy, comfortable, crispy and crystal sound system and truly a joy to drive around town and cross-country. Trust me, I have tried a lot of vehicles always searching for the ultimate vehicle.
great car by mercedes man on 11/25/2012. Trim: 2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4MATIC, Owned 1 year.
Pros: navigation is great
Cons: their could more power
Overall review: great family car