2012 Honda Fit

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Good only for single, city folks by Driver in New Mexico on 12/04/2011. Trim: 2012 Honda Fit Sport 5-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is a great car for city driving. It looks great inside and out. It is easy to handle. The accessories are great for the price. The back seats do judo; laying down or folding up so that you can fit almost anything in there (as long as you dont also need to haul back seat passengers).
Cons: I do a lot of travel for business. I am also a mom. I was willing to trade room for fuel efficiency. I dont think the trade-off was worth it. My kids are sitting on top of each other in the back seat and screaming in my ear as I drive. Highway driving is horrifying! I am angry because I told the dealer that I drove all over the state and needed a good vehicle. It seemed to do fine for the 5 minute test-drive we did, however, now that I have actually spent some time on the freeway its lag in acceleration is dangerous when encountering semi trucks. I am concerned the cheep interior will tear soon.
Overall review: Not for people who spend lots of time in their car, nor for people with kids, not for long highway driving.
BEWARE: Poor Seat Comfort - try before buying by aly on 11/12/2011. Trim: 2012 Honda Fit 5-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Visibility, easy access
Cons: Extremely poor seat comfort, lack of power, lack of value
Overall review: I bought a 2011 Honda Fit, based on the glowing reviews from CR - the positives are easy access, good visibility. After two days of driving I started developing severe back pain. I had to have several appointments with a chriopractor to resolve this. If you are enamoured by the reviews, reconsider. The fuel mileage, cost, and acceleration are not that great either. If you still want to buy it, drive it for at least 6-8 hrs, which is the time it takes for the seat comfort issue to crop up. In fact, on the way to the dealer, I had to sit in the back seat as I simply could not sit in the front seat for more than a few minutes. Several others have also complained about the same issue. It looks like Honda has "gamed" the car to get a good Consuer Reports review. This really is not the value it is hyped up to be. At the end of the day a car is more than a sum of its parts - this one is not !! GLTA
Excellent Little Car by Eddie on 04/14/2012. Trim: 2012 Honda Fit Sport 5-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Magic Seats fold flat! Excellent fuel mileage (I've been getting better than 35mpg combined. Price doesn't break the bank. Easy Controls - fairly intuitive. Fun to drive and dependable. Low Maintenance. Very good handling.
Cons: Acceleration is slow. Seat could be more comfortable. Noisy ride if road is rough. Better suspension.
Overall review: Look, this is a small BUDGET car that sells less than $20K out the door. It's not a family hauler or luxury sports car. Understand and accept this and you will be thrilled with this car. Yes, it doesn't accelerate, so I have to be a better driver anticipating my next move and conserving momentum going on the freeway. I love the gas mileage and versatility of the magic rear seats.
More versatile than a Versa, Safer than a Yaris by Dave from hilly SW Pennsylvania on 10/18/2012. Trim: 2012 Honda Fit 5-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Superb versatility-- second to no other car we checked. The things you can do with the back seats are amazing: fold up, fold down in sections, haul tall things and haul long things. We're an empty nest couple and spend a lot of time in the vehicle. It is comfortable, has a superb sound system and great safety features such as side airbags for when we pick up our daughters, sons-in- law and, most important, our grandbabies at the airport.
Cons: It isn't comfortable for hauling five people all the time. But most of the time, we're hauling two. A roof rack would be nice as would a little more space inside and a larger gas tank. But if that was really important to us, we would have bought a CR-V. For the few times per year when we REALLY need that, we can rent the bigger vehicle and pocket the savings the other 358 or so days a year.
Overall review: The last Honda we owned lasted over 200,000 miles and got 27 calls when we listed it on Craig's List at double the dealer's trade in allowance. The ultimate buyer paid me the asking price in cash while another prospect was waiting his turn! It is a brand which people love and for a reason-- they last and last. The same could be said about Toyota, I suppose, and we looked at their products. But they were reluctant to let us take it for very far or very long. The Honda dealer in our area was not. This indicated to us not only which would be the superior alternative for a good dealer for service, but which had more confidence in a car. We buy cars rarely and, before we do, we like to rent them for a couple of days, if available, or at least use them for an afternoon or overnight if not. Dealers who are not willing to trust their customers to give their vehicles that type of test probably can't be trusted to do the follow up service necessary if you decide to buy.
Great little car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/08/2012. Trim: 2012 Honda Fit 5-Spd MT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very roomy. Great cargo space. Great mpg
Cons: Can't really list any cons.
Overall review: We get 38 mpg on highway (manual transmission), fully loaded with air-conditioning on. Easy to park and amazingly spacious interior. Fit and finish is above average considering the price of the car.
2 3 4 5 6  Next