1996 Isuzu Rodeo

1996 Isuzu Rodeo Prices
1996 Isuzu Rodeo Fuel Economy
Great SUV by rodeo in roanoke on 06/05/2008. Trim: 1996 Isuzu Rodeo S 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I purchased new in 96 and have owned for 12 years now. Over 180,000 miles, and the only major repair was the clutch about 6 years ago. My daughter has been driving the vehicle for the past 6 years, 20,000 miles per year and it has had one minor repair in that entire time. This vehicle is well built and extremely reliable. Rates as one of the best, if not the best, vehicle I have ever owned.
Cons: Lack of driver leg room (I am 6'2") My Hyundai accent has MUCH more leg room, believe it or not. Also lack of more than one cupholder. Multiple lugs have sheared off - you must warn anyone changing the tires to hand tighten lugs
Overall review: Outstanding vehicle
Worth more than a lot of its rivals by Jimmit on 01/05/2004. Trim: 1996 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Good power/handling ratio for a (larger) mid-sized SUV.Decent gas mileage (17/20mpg) in warmer weather. Very dependable on long trips. Never had to have it towed anywhere. Got stuck in woods while hunting in the rain. 4WD was inoperable (quit working recently and I was unaware of this) front wheels weredown a foot in the mud, but with 5Spd and many prayers/ (no tools) I was still able to drive out w/o damage to clutch. Closest SUV to a Hummer I can imagine!
Cons: Too thirsty for oil. Oil leaks at valve covers require expensive top of the engine disassembly. Starter had dead spots on armature @ 60k miles ,impossible to remove or install starter without removing crossover (exhaust) pipe. Cheap (soft metal) wheel studs strip way easy."Check engine" light came on way too often betw. 50-60k miles (though this may have been due to the lousy gas additives at the time) , went from about 60-89k without seeing it again,though it still works! Console between front seats is poorly designed and most awkward with no place for a drink (I hung a plastic cupholder off the front of mine' but its at my own peril! Lousy undercoating used on vehicle frame.
Overall review: Had an '87 S10 Blazer I traded in for this. It was a good little truck I had bought in '89. I don't miss it. My Rodeo is better in every area. It runs stronger, rides better, heats and cools better than any car I've ever owned. I've owned my Rodeo four years and plan on keeping it as long as it will allow. It has 89k miles and pretty much seems like the same truck it was when I bought it and it only had 43k. Some expense was incurred when I had the timing belt replaced at 60k miles and found I needed a new water pump, but over all owning this SUV has been a positive experience. P.S. Mine was made in Ohio, not Japan.
Maybe as a Work Truck by Robert from Miami,Florida on 03/22/2003. Trim: 1996 Isuzu Rodeo S 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Good cargo area,comfortable rear seats,not bad performance for a small engine to weight ratio,4 cylinder engine has been more reliable than the 6 cyl.
Cons: very noisy at high speeds and even around town,poor workmanship around the interior,trim around windows falling off or coming loose, no noise insulation at all,rough ride,high engine noise.
Overall review: a little overprice for what you get,i had mine since new and 90,000 miles on it,no major repairs 4 cyl engine,even got original brakes on it,has been very reliable for 7 years and is used for work.But very bad handling and noise is not good for pleasure driving as a work truck ok.Exterior paint good
Think twice by Lee on 04/15/2002. Trim: 1996 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: roomy
Cons: I have had trouble with the electric windows. I have had problems with the transmission. You cannot change the transmission fluid yourself; it has to go to a dealer. Leather seats tend to be uncomfortable after awhile.
Overall review: I would never buy a rodeo for the amount of money that I did. Over priced for this SUV.
Great All Around Truck by A CarPoint Consumer on 02/28/2002. Trim: 1996 Isuzu Rodeo S V6 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Very dependable, very low maintenance, good size for any need
Cons: Not as many creature comforts and I would like
Overall review: Original owner. Would trade this one for a new one.