2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

The best bang for the buck.... by Karl on 03/18/2012. Trim: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I traded an Lexus RX 350 in on the Grand Cherokee, and in reality, the RX was more car than it was truck, while the Jeep is more truck than it is car. The air leveling suspension gives it a great ride, the long list of extras really let you know you got your money's worth. With regular gas at almost $4.00 a gallon, I sometimes wish I'd get better mileage, but I knew that when I bought the 8. I've owned a lot of vehicles over the years, I'm very happy with this one so far. Compared it with BMW, Mercedes and Lexus, got the best bang for the buck.
Cons: It could get a little better mileage, and as someone else pointed out, the seat heater could be a little bit warmer, but there's nothing else I'd change.
Overall review: If you compare value for the dollar, you'll go with the Jeep every time. Unknown to me, my son, who is a car buff, was looking for another vehicle to replace his sort of worn out Chevy SUV, and came to the same conclusion as I did. neither one of us knew the other was looking. He bought a 2012 Overland Summit just like mine, but black, the day before I bought mine. Take one for a test drive, you'll like it.
Great car higher than published MPG by Eddy on 03/14/2012. Trim: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the features that comes with the car. In my BMW X5 I had to pay close to 20K for these features. The published highway MPG is 20. I am getting 20.8 with mixed city and highway driven with the 5.7 HEMI.
Cons: Nothing yet.
Overall review: Great car for the price and the workmanship is truly amazing.
I still can't believe this is a Jeep!?!?! by Thumper on 01/03/2012. Trim: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is the second GC (wife bought a Limited in '95), but the 5th Jeep we've owned in the past 30 years. My favorite was my '86 Grand Wagoneer (wish I had kept that one). I still have to look at the emblems to remind me that it is a Jeep. They have stepped up their game beyond anything I could've ever imagined. All of my previous Jeeps had that "crap" factor that was just part of being a Jeep. From the poor quality AMC varieties, to the plastic rent-a-car feel of the Chrysler varieties. This 2012 GC Overland reminds me a great deal of my wife's Mercedes in materials, fit and finish. I can really see Daimler Benz's influance on this design.
Cons: Not as roomy as my old Escalade, but less likely to be stolen as well. They should offer the 6.4 Hemi in the 4x4 chassis too. The SRT 8 is cool, but I would like to have that extra 100hp in a more trail worthy SUV.
Overall review: I bought the Overland 4x4 with all the options. Love the adaptive cruise control, accident avoidance gizmo's, and that sweet 5.7 Hemi. Gas mileage isn't bad, but I "upgraded" from a 2009 AWD Escalade which had a hard time passing a gas station. Love the keyless entry too. Interior quality is what caught my attention initially, then I was pleasantly surprised that the rest of the vehicle was of similar quality. No other SUV I tested came even close. I'll be hanging on to this one for long time (I bought the lifetime warranty). Do yourself a favor and go test drive one. If you test drive an Overland model, you may find yourself driving it home. Note: The 2012 comes with the 6 speed auto tranny vs. the 2011 that comes with the 5 speed auto tranny. Good for an additional mile per gallon.
Black jeep by SB on 04/08/2012. Trim: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very good road manners and sporty feel driving curvey hilly roads, visibility good. We have the 290 hp v6; driving through the Missouri hills around Branson today on a 60 mile drive averaged 27.1 mpg from 30 to 60+ miles per hour.
Cons: The cloth seat fabric feels thin, I hope it is durable. Has a little more road noise than I would like.
Overall review: For a four wheel drive vehicle listing slightly over $30,000.00 with its capabilties for towing, four person seating, cargo hauling, good looks and Jeep resale value very hard to beat,
Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep Has its Quality Game On! by Over50Logic on 12/21/2011. Trim: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I never would have thought I would buy a Chrysler product again. I have been purchasing primarily Fords for the past 20 years. However, in preparation of purchasing a new SUV, I rented and tested many differnent models from Ford, GM and the Imports. This Jeep (and it's 8-passenger sister Dodge Durango) beat them all - hands down! Best quality, best ride - handling- comfort, smoothest and even-powered 3.6L V6, terrifically smooth transmission and top mpg for the size (rated at 23 mpg, have been getting 25-26 mpg at 70 mph on trips). You can definitely see and feel it's Mercedes heritage, and it is made in Michigan in the good old USA.
Cons: The navigation radio does not allow yaou to enter addresses or changes while the vehicle is in motion. While I understand the safety issue, this is really not practical to have to exit the freeway to make changes. Would like to have a brown interior color option on the Laredo, and the black carpet should be standard on the Laredo like it is on the more expensive models.
Overall review: Best quality and bang-for-my SUV buck out there. A USA built beauty. I am extremely happy with my decision, and everyone that sees and rides in it says "wow" - this is a Jeep? Yes, it is! And I am seriously considering the 2012 Charger with 3.6L engine and 8-speed transmission with the AWD option rumored to be coming in 2013 (you have to get the 5.7L Hemi 8 to get AWD in 2012) . I have been getting 34 mpg with rentals with the 3.6L RWD/traction control. Unbelievable for a large full size car.