2012 Volkswagen Tiguan

An Excellent First S/CUV by Patrick from Huntsville on 06/06/2012. Trim: 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan SE w/Sunroof & Nav, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: High built quality and materials make this car really stand out. I also like the quick throttle response, smooth ride, and quiet cabin. I think the car's information and entertainment systems are well designed...And then there's that incredible panoramic sunroof!
Cons: In the attempt to save fuel, the transmission tries its best to get into 6th gear too quickly and at too low a speed. This causes the engine to shudder. Also, when coasting down a hill, the transmission will downshift automatically to slow your speed without wasting energy using the brakes: I detest engine breaking. At least the former complaint has been somewhat remedied through a recent service bulletin. The brakes could be beefier. The info and entertainment systems are great; however, the navigation's accuracy can be a bit hit-and-miss and only tells you at the last second if you destination is on the right or left. This can be annoying and make you miss turns.
Overall review: The design and build quality are exceptional, as is the ability to really accelerate. I love the throaty exhaust note and the information the engine's sound communicates: I know what the engine is doing at any moment through that sound. The car handles well for a taller car, though not as precisely as a GTI...but why would you expect differently? The SE's suspension soaks up most bumps giving the car a smooth ride. The Tiguan is very quiet for a car in this price range. This CUV is the ideal size for my life--wife and no kids--so it might be too small for some. It is light and nimble. It is an engaging car: the MFI system provides the driver useful information. I use it to track milage and closely monitor my speed.
Fun to drive SUV! by Driver in SoCal on 04/01/2012. Trim: 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great response and German handling. It is fun to drive around town and on the L.A. Freeways. Seating is comfortable, sound system great.
Cons: Needs premium gas.
Overall review: Great suv, I tested CRV and Forester and this was the most upgraded and best handling and great deal available.
The Tiger in Disguise by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/24/2012. Trim: 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Quiet engine, very fun drive. People don't think much of 200 hp but the tiguan is very zippy when you drive it in the tiptronic mode. I've driven manual transmission cars for the past 20 years and changed because my left ankle was hurting from clutches. Tiguan drives like an intelligent manual transmission; it downshifts when needed without asking you. The fit and finish are excellent, with lots of storage in the passenger cabin-for CDs napkins etc.The dashboard controls are simple-not visually overcrowded and buttons are big. Not for people who like to keep lots of junk in their cargo space, but seats can move forward. 23mpg combined city-highway
Cons: Gas mileage could be better. Cargo space could be little more. Price could be less.
Overall review: Excellent for single people or couples who like good looking, fun to drive but quiet SUV compact crossover. Yes the turbo engine purrs like a cat (tiger?) not whine like a hairdryer.
Good,But... by SK on 03/23/2012. Trim: 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Overall,quality,well made car .but....
Cons: Transmission is not smooth like passat (previously owned 2007). Kicks when you accelerate.. Annoying metallic sound comes from turbo charger when kicks in. Not quite as my ex passat.
Overall review: I am a tall guy and getting old. Some times it's pain to get in & out from sedan cars. That's way last year I traded my Passat to Tiguan. Besides the comfort of in & out, If I knew ,I wasn't gonna be satisfied with the Tiguan,I would keep my Passat..
VW lemon by Roy Omaha on 03/09/2012. Trim: 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion w/Sunroof & Nav, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The dealer and salesperson
Cons: No power seats, seats are stiff and uncomfortable, no automatic headlights, controls for heater and cruise control are hard to see and operate. lack of running boards make it hard to enter and exit. I will be trading after one year............
Overall review: I think there are much better cars for the money.