2012 Kia Forte Koup

2012 Kia Forte Koup Prices
2012 Kia Forte Koup Fuel Economy
Check this car out! It's a must test-drive! by Bob, Lakes Region NH on 11/15/2011. Trim: 2012 Kia Forte Koup EX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is my 33rd car. Run 'em hard. Koup is best engineered for the dollar/ and amenities. Muscular looking coupe with clean, swooped lines, magnificent paint and finish, dual pipe exhaust, exterior fit and finish are much better than Scion, Chevy, Ford and Civic. Kia has really stepped up to the plate here. Interior feels spacious, plenty of room. Back seat too. Trunk is a good size with 60/40 rear folddown. I keep wheelchair in it all the time for Mom, and still have room for 8-10 bags of groceries. Bought EX, well equipped with sun/moon roof, 6 speed CVT with sport mode. 2.0L 158 hp FWD 16" wheels revs high but is snappy thru tolls and ESC holds tight on NH hillly, curvy roads. Quick car!
Cons: Interior lighting and dimming. If you turn on headights during daytime, displays all dim, making it hard to see radio, guages. There are 3 courtesy lamps in front, one above driver, two over rearview, but no overhead for rear seat. Seatbelts are way back on B pillar, with no guide on side of front seats due to location of side air bags, so they cut into my neck. Had to buy foam cushions. Upper half of interior is vinyl finished, lower half PVC moldings and felt faux carpet. Don't expect a long life there, with all the road salt, sand. Tradeoff with this model is hp/ mpg. If I was still commuting to MA on I-93, I-495 (nasty roads), would definitely get LX 2.5 L. Visibility to rear so-so.
Overall review: Performance is the probable deciding factor whether to buy EX or LX .The EX 2.0L is very good- not great, but makes others in class seem anemic because of the CVT support and sport mode (uh, isn't that a wet clutch?). MPG so far is 24-27, as expected. ABS and ESC give awesome control. Went around a wet/ dry, tight, on-ramp several times at 55-60 mph, no sway, a little rear roll, but held tight, and seats stay supportive. Lowered tire pressure to recommended 32 PSI. Confident feel. Car is fun to drive! Easy cabin access to/ from front/ rear, large or small. Comfortable! Wide supportive seats. Warms quickly. Has an overdone trunk mounted spoiler. Easy to clean inside/ outside and keep clean, unlike other coupes I've owned (Camaro, F-Bird, Fiero, Pony, Celica, Cutlass, Sentra, AMC Dodge/ Ply/Chr). Steering wheel is telescopic, up and down. Smooth ride sold me. Kia is no longer the cheap, dowdy looking copycat car line with the bumpy ride. Best new affordable car products out there now!
New view on Kia by a.lowe on 06/05/2012. Trim: 2012 Kia Forte Koup EX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The new Kia forte koup handles phenominally and get amazing gas millage!!! Everyone thinks its a sporty looking ride!
Cons: The interior fabric is SUPER clingy.....talk about annoying!!
Overall review: I have never been a "Kia lover" but i recently purchased a 2012 two door Kia forte Koup. Thus far I have no complaints. Its cute and sporty, also, afforadable for a nursing student!! Hopefully this marriage works out well
FUN CAR TO DRIVE! by Robert, Marietta, GA on 10/25/2012. Trim: 2012 Kia Forte Koup SX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great Price, Great Look, Fun to drive.
Cons: Cant think of any Cons on this car, I like it so much
Overall review: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR! When I was first looking for cars, I stayed away because it was KIA. I figured CHEAP everything. I was wrong. When I test drove the car, I was sold. The car is so fun to drive, you find excuses to drive it. Don't let anyone fool you, the automatic is decent on speed, I mean you wont win a race with a vette, but you can def feel it push you back in the seat when you kick it. The paddle shifters are wild, you can pop the down shifter two times and kick it and you def. feel it. Some people say the interior is cheap, Looks good to me for a low $20k car. Sound system is decent, The leather package is great, all in all its a great car. Also mine is the 2013 model. could only rate the 2012 model.
Enthusiast
A Fun Car To Drive by Kathie From Cedar Rapids on 07/27/2012. Trim: 2012 Kia Forte Koup SX.
Pros: Excellent acceleration and handling. When you step on it, your head hits the head rest! There is a lot of leg room both in front and in back. I've had the car for two months now and have had it on both long and short drives with absolutely no complaints after driving a Mustang while on vacation for two weeks.
Cons: The front seat belts are set back a little too far so you have to really reach to get them. You can't get electric seats.
Overall review: It's a great little car and I look forward to driving it every day.
Great car by Larry on 05/16/2012. Trim: 2012 Kia Forte Koup SX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is a great car. I have owned over 40 cars and find this as responsive as any I have ever owned. I love the gase mileage. I consistently get over 30 when I am on the highway. It is responsive to lane changes on the interstate.
Cons: It is sometimes hard to get in an out of the vehicle. However, that is probably more my problem than the car's.
Overall review: I love this little car.