2012 Ford Explorer

2012 Ford Explorer Prices
2012 Ford Explorer Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
2011 Explorer has lots of Problems by PatB for Minneapolis on 03/24/2012. Trim: 2012 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The explorer has a nice ride and handles well. Looks great, but also a lot like a Jeep Third row seat is comfortable.
Cons: Had multiple transmission problems in the first few months. Sync system has been reprogrammed 3 times and is slow. No built in garage door opener on XLT model - Need to buy top of the line to get a feature supplied on almost every vehicle on the market. No back seat arm rest on XL or XLT, even with leather upgrade
Overall review: While I like the look and ride, the magnitude and quantities of the problems experienced make it hard to recommend this vehicle.
Pleasurable SUV by Spike from Hastings on 04/28/2012. Trim: 2012 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Quality and workmanship are exemplary; pleasing to the eye and fun to drive. After closing the door and buckling in there's a solid sense of security. Ford engineers designed this vehicle with safety in mind; when in a crash, clearly there's room to live in the Explorer .
Cons: Two items: The four-way flasher button is located below and center of the eight inch screen. Do to its' location the flashers are activated when making changes. Secondly, the back seat is roomy and comfortable however, engineers should add a center armrest.
Overall review: They're made in America; buy a new 2012 Explorer, you will not be disappointed.
Big Man's Vehicle by Doctor D. from Virginia on 05/16/2012. Trim: 2012 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Huge interior! I'm a large individual and compared this vehicle to an Infinity M, Lexus SUV, Lincoln, Volvo, Ford Edge and others. Very comfortable and spacious. The ride is very "solid" and the interior is quiet. I love the electronics but they can be distracting at first. The Lexus didn't have all the features of the Explorer! The sun-roof is huge. Rear passengers get lots of light. The power folding 3rd row seats are a must! Overall, it's a good looking vehicle!
Cons: The security cover is a rip-off! I expected a lot more for the price - like a retractable cover, like previous models had. My biggest complaint, however, is the annual cost to upgrade maps! I have a Garmin and was able to purchase lifetime updates for less than an annual update for Explorer maps. This probably isn't a Ford exclusive, however. Acceleration could be better (I have the V6 engine) but I'll sacrifice that for the improved mileage. Too many things are controlled by the touch-screen - like rear passenger fans, etc. When it breaks, the vehicle will be barely useable. Let's hope for a high reliability rating! Ford could improve the amount of left foot room for the driver.
Overall review: This is my 2nd Explorer and I'm very pleased with it! Quality seems to be back at Ford - thank goodness! The Sync system will improve over time but it's pretty good today. It's not cheap but I didn't want "cheap". I've gotten hooked on the BLIS warnings but I'm not extremely fond of the adaptive cruise control. It's very comfortable to drive and very easy to enter and exit - unlike many of the vehicles I tested because it's not as low to the ground as many of the other vehicles I looked at. I also purchased an extended warranty because when something breaks on this vehicle, it's going to be expensive to repair!
What a nice SUV! by Mario from Oxnard on 07/07/2012. Trim: 2012 Ford Explorer XLT FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My 2012 Explorer has a lot of power, rides very smoothly, it is very quiet inside, hardly any noise gets in, the space between seats is more than enough for me (I'm 5'10") All controls are nicely distributed within my reach, I have the upgraded version of SYNC, works great!
Cons: GPS is slow, Spanish commands are not understood easily (or English for that matter)
Overall review: This Explorer was an upgrade from a 2010 Escape, it makes a big difference.
Getting better and better by Steve - Salt Lake City on 04/01/2012. Trim: 2012 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: My last vehicle was a 1999 Ford Explorer and after a little cajoling I was able to talk my wife (who wasn't around at the time of purchasing the 1999...) to take look at another Explorer. She fell in love with it. We love the styling and get many compliments on the 'golden bronze' color. It rides much better than my last Explorer and it is very comfortable. We have twin 4 year old boys so we went with the bucket back seats and it's great for carrying everything from groceries to mother-in-laws (at the same time sometimes...) We're very happy after 4 months.
Cons: Not many but there are a couple. Sync, even after this recent upgrade is a little slow starting up, especially trying to connect to the usb. I also miss the button in the back to be able to lock all doors - who would have thought that's what I would have missed from my 1999 edition?
Overall review: For our family it's 4 thumbs up!!!! Keep upgrading the technology!!!
2 3 4 5 6  Next