2012 Dodge Challenger

Very cool car. by David from Houston on 06/01/2012. Trim: 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Hands down the most responsive car I have ever owned. Acceleration is fantastic (especially listening to the HEMI engine), handles and brakes extremely well. Inside, the seats are very comfortable and controls are at your finger tips. The sound system and nav are a plus. Outside, the styling is so cool that people actually ask about the car where ever i go and it gets a lot of complements. If you turn on the sport mode while test driving it, you probably wont want to get out of the car!
Cons: I've been sitting here for 5 minutes and cant think of anything I don't like about the car.
Overall review: I have to admit- I was just stunned when i first drove this car. If you are looking for a car that you can get and stay excited about, this is it. I have the RT Classic with the 5.7 HEMI, super trac pak and Goodyear F1 tires.
It's a Groovy Set of Wheels by Allhart18 on 04/21/2012. Trim: 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I'll admit I bought this car for its looks. It puts a smile on my face every time I see it. The 5.7 V8 gets only 2 mpg less than the '05 Lincoln LS V6 I traded in on it, and the Dodge has 140 more horsepower. It's a very substantial-feeling car, which I also like. The wheelbase is the same as my classic 1976 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ (116 in.), but handles far better. The Challenger is equipped like a luxury car, with automatic headlights, automatic climate control, heated seats, satellite radio, keyless go and bluetooth. It's not the fastest car in its class, but not all of us want to be stoplight racers.
Cons: I do wish the seats were a little more cushy, and I wish a higher-trim interior were available. I also wish the interior came in a color other than dark charcoal (black). Other than that, no complaints.
Overall review: I wanted a brand new 1969 Ford Mustang Grande when I was 7 years old in 1969. Our next-door neighbors owned a Ford dealership and that was the wife's demo. I drooled over that car the whole year they had it. My 2011 Dodge Challenger instills the same feeling/admiration I had for that Mustang back in '69, and I'm old enough now to own my own (but I do also have a '69 Mustang I've owned for 30 years). For many of us, we buy cars more for how they make us feel than how well they'll serve our needs. My Challenger does not fail to put a smile on my face, but it (fortunately) also serves my needs very well. It's the best-built car I think I've ever owned (so far) -- after 9,970 miles, I have yet to have even one minor glitch with the car. Pretty impressive.
The last modern Muscle car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/28/2012. Trim: 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The 392 Challenger road prescence and retro looks are true muscle. This is not a sports car but something very special. I really like new 3 mode (Auto, Sport, Track) suspension settings change the characteristics of the handling and shift points dramatically. So far I prefer the Sport or Track modes for quicker handling and steering response. Build quaility is very good. No rattles or squeaks very solid platform. The new Harmon Kardon 800 watt sound system is very good but usually turn it down to hear the 392.
Cons: These aren't really Cons but more compromises on having performance ..... Suspension a little jarring on rough roads or potholes but can switch to Auto mode for relief. Very quiet interior which is great....but can't hear that tremendous exaust note that well.....got to roll down your windows or get a louder exaust system. Car is really big feels a little uncomfortable driving in narrow fast corners without the sport suspension turned on. Doors swing out far and a really wide car so you need a big space to park it.
Overall review: Still breaking in the 392 engine so haven't gotten to explore full throttle yet but it already seems much faster than my Infiniti M45. You really don't have any sensation of speed with the windows rolled up other than cars going backwards much faster in the rearview than i've ever experienced. Quick blasts to pass cars is something to experience with all that available torque. I've driven a variety of different makes of high performance cars and for what it is, this is something truly remarkable from an american car company. I am extremely happy with this muscle car. It draws a lot of stares even in L.A. This isn't my daily driver as it's too big to maneuver parking it daily and would get pulled over frequently for speeding...but enjoy it immensely on weekends.
A sound commuter car by Russ on 05/31/2012. Trim: 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The new 3.6 is a flawless motor. I was a bit nervous at first but that soon dashed away. I have to say I'm very impressed at the engineering overall in the car and the respect paid to quality of fitment and ergonomics. It's a VERY intuitive and easy car to drive. Muscle car looks? Without a doubt. But, if you actually need a car to drive to work and be reliable, you'd be hard pressed to do better. ( For 26,700 out the door on an SS/T package and sunroof, I really don't see how anybody could get a car with "more" while still having the styling, efficiency and overall pleasure of driving than this car. It was this, or a Kia Optima? Yeah, I'll take this. I'm fine, thanks)
Cons: WHY WHY WHY does the 6cyl NOT come with a standard transmission? Chrysler HAS ONE for the Jeep. The car has the trans tunnel for a stick in the hemi versions. How about something for us guys that use these as daily drivers ( yes, year round. Don't look at me strange. If you can drive a 6cyl Charger in the winter, you can drive THIS car in the winter. Same platform. The day I bought it, it was snowing like a banshee out. I literally found no issues driving it). I ordered mine in Blackberry Pearl. I'm getting quite irate at people who say "Nice Mustang, they have them in purple???" tho. Like.... a lot
Overall review: I can't lie, I had my doubts about this car as a daily driver. It never fails to make me feel as though I made the correct choice. A wife, and 2 12 year olds and a 4 year old in the back is NOT a problem. People are just used to the mini van mentality is all. It's a 2 door car, you'll have to push a seat forward, big deal. This is MY prime car anyways. The one I use to commute to work and trust to help me earn a paycheck. As a New Englander, we're a picky bunch and value the dollar. I drive it reasonably ( fine, 85% of the time :D ) and it averages btwn a real world of 28 and 31 mpg. HOW can you beat that? As said in the likes, I'm extremely impressed with the overall quality of this American car and I wasn't expecting it to be so well put together. Not one squeak, rattle or gap that shouldn't be there. Zero clue what Honda owners are bragging about. I'd put this car on par with just about any 25K import and expect the import owner to not issue.
Great car! No regrets! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/18/2012. Trim: 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great gas mileage from the sxt. 30+ on the hwy. 24 around town. way better than advertised I read that its too heavy. Compared to what? Some little tin can car? And the handling is great. I drive to work not to the race track.
Cons: It does have a blind spot but that's the styling. Use the mirrors and look before changing lanes.
Overall review: Great car. Way better than expected.