2012 Volvo S80

Not part of the Mainstream by Ya Sure in Minnesota on 12/16/2012. Trim: 2012 Volvo S80 3.2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Pros: The S80 is one of those vehicles that, although not flashy at first look, over time begins to show its quality and dependability. Build quality is excellent, design is subdued but elegant, and engine horsepower is altogether sufficient. This is an extremely comfortable vehicle, the seats are beyond a doubt the best of any of the 25+ cars I've owned in the 45 years I've been driving. As far as gas mileage, I average 26mpg city/hwy and often get 32+.
Cons: The rear seat is somewhat cramped for taller people (I am 6'3 & rarely sit there, but wouldn't want to be on a 500 mile trip in the back seat-although shorter people do not seem to complain about leg space). The trunk, although reasonably large has a small opening, can't get much that is oversized in it. The mufflers on my particular vehicle have a "growl" that seems out of place with the rest of the car. It is not something I am aware of since I've grown use to it, but someone will occasionally bring it up. Not a deal breaker, but a little odd.
Overall review: I believe that buyers of vehicles in this class and price range often want to project an image, they want to be noticed. It has been my experience that buyers of the S80 enjoy the fact that they have a well kept secret and like "flying under the radar". Make no mistake, this is a superb, quality vehicle. It does just about everything well, is extremely comfortable, and feels every much the safe car it is designed to be. I live in Minnesota, the weather always comes into play here. This Volvo can handle just about everything Mother Nature can throw at it. There are many more Audi's, BMW's and Mercedes out there- I really enjoy having a quality product to drive and not being a part of the proletariat.
Enthusiast
WONDERFUL by JOHN on 09/15/2012. Trim: 2012 Volvo S80 T6 Platinum.
Pros: LOVED THE CAR!
Cons: NOTHING REALLY
Overall review: 100% ENJOYED THIS VEHICLE
SERIOUSLY UNDERATED VEHICLE by SOUNDCHAMBER on 11/15/2012. Trim: 2012 Volvo S80 T6 Platinum, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I UPGRADED FROM A 1999 VOLVO S80 T6 TO A 2009 T6 AWD AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT I LOVE THIS CAR! I BELIEVE THIS IS THE MOST UNDERATED CAR OUT THERE AND VOLVO ISNT GETTING ITS PROPS.. FROM THE FIT & FINISH (INSIDE AND OUT) THERES NOTHING I DISLIKE ABOUT THIS VEHICLE.. ID PUT UP AGAINST AN AUDI OR A BMW ANY DAY!
Cons: NOTHING... THEY GOT IT ALL RIGHT!!
Overall review: 9.9 (JUST BECAUSE NOTHING IS PERFECT ) BUT THIS IS D@M CLOSE!! :)
Great Car by Reyban on 11/07/2012. Trim: 2012 Volvo S80 3.2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Sturdiness of the vehicle and its safety features.
Overall review: highly recommended