2012 GMC Sierra 1500

2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Prices
2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Fuel Economy
Mans truck by sierraloveer on 04/23/2012. Trim: 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Ext. Cab 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: power, fuel economy
Overall review: excellent truck
very disappointed by not happy from illinois on 07/20/2012. Trim: 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Crew Cab 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: traded in my f150 for sierra. can't think of anything that is better with the sierra.
Cons: transmission, ride, fit and finish. sounds like a foreign car when you close the doors. driving lights in bumper are useless. horsepower.
Overall review: 6 speed transmission is terrible. after slowing to corner you must floor it to get into a low enough gear to accelerate. boggs down going up moderate inclines. once again must floor it to accelerate. checked by dealer, told me that is how this tranny works. very sluggish off the line. sounds like a foreign car when closing doors, even knocking on body panels sounds cheap. if my truck gets totaled tomorrow, there is no way i would buy another gmc.
Review ID: #562002 Is this review offensive?
Truly Professional Grade by Gill on 04/19/2012. Trim: 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Ext. Cab 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This pickup handles like a sports car with an interior that is comfortable and stylish. I upgraded from my chevy in 11' and couldn't have made a better choice. It is also very easy to work on for routine matenance and modifications such as exaust, intake and computer programming. Transmission is very responsive and the truck tows like a king.
Cons: Non really, parts and performance have exceeded expectiation. Very Little maintenance required, very powerful.
Overall review: My overall review for this vehicle is Overly sSatisfied and am definitly going be a returning customer to GMC. They have a quality durable truck that is able to handle any situation weather its the snow or offroad driving conditions the Sierra handles it all while staying classy and comfortable.
My replacement by going44 on 10/18/2012. Trim: 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Ext. Cab 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Traded in my 2005 GMC for a 2012 GMC Serra because the prevoius one had a bad transmission and rusted rocker panels with only 109 k miles . This new one drives and handles a lot better, corners like a car , very quite and I think GM did a great job by changing to a 6 speed trany . The folding doors on the extented cab work great , gives more room for accessing the back seat . I have a 5.3 V8 and so far ( 3,000 mi) have averaged 17.3 MPG with a mix of city and highway driving. So far it's been the best truck I've owned ( my fourth )
Cons: The interior is kind of blan , way too much plastic , I liked my 2005 over my 2012 . Why did they put the cup holders on the center console ? They were on the floor before that was a lot more stable . Try driving around with a cup of hot coffee in these .... I miss the overhead compartment for sunglasses !
Overall review: As for the preformance and the ride - would rate this truck a 9.5 . Highly recommend
Dissapointed by Dan from Minnesota on 12/13/2013. Trim: 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Work Truck 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Horsepower at the highter RPM range is good. Nicely styled. Rides and handles great. All the electronic traction aids seem to really do the job in the Minnesota snow I have to deal with.
Cons: My biggest gripe is the lack of low end torque of the 5.3. The lack of low end torque is further exagerated with a slow to react throttle position sensor and a slow to downshift 6 speed transmission. When it finally decides to downshift it will down shift at least 2 or 3 gears, with engine racing, taking of like a crazy teenager. 1400 rpm @ 65 mph is much to low for this engine. I'll admit I am accustomed to driving a Dodge with a Cummins diesel, with tons of low end torque.
Overall review: It's fine if you think a truck is for hauling bicycles, not pulling a load. And you better not be accustomed to a truck with real work capabilities.