2012 Scion tC

2012 Scion tC Prices
2012 Scion tC Fuel Economy
Great Value!! by Hobo on 02/23/2012. Trim: 2012 Scion tC Sports Coupe 6-Spd MT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Comfort, value for the money, quality, dealer support and service.
Cons: Interior plastics are a bit disappointing, but this is NOT a major concern.
Overall review: I bought my 2012 tC in November and have over 12,000 miles on it now in February. I researched several cars very carefully including the VW Jetta Sport Wagon. I knew exactly what I wanted a vehicle to do and how much I was willing to pay. I got what I wanted with the tC! Sure, the interior plastics are a bit disappointing and, yes, the doors don't THUMP when I close them like some cars. But these are very minor concerns. While not a true sports car, the performance is more than adequate. The comfort and overall quality is right at the top of the list. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CAR!
Good looking car. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/26/2012. Trim: 2012 Scion tC Sports Coupe 6-Spd MT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have the RS 7.0 and it looks good from any angle.
Cons: Coming from a John Cooper Works MINI I feel that this car is severely underpowered. This body style has been out for two years now and Thule still doesn't make a fit kit for it. Yakima has one but you can only carry about 100 lbs on it so we can't carry our long kayaks on it.
Overall review: Fit and finish are good but I wish it had more toys on it. The TRD parts are way overpriced and other vendors aren't making much for this car. Putting the V6 from the Camry in it might give this car the shot in the arm that it needs.
Happy with Scion by Nick on 03/29/2012. Trim: 2012 Scion tC Sports Coupe 6-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very fun to drive, great on gas, awesome sound system, love the way it looks, feels very solid, and free maintenance for 2 years/25,0000 miles.
Cons: Nothing major...just wish the interior didn't have so much hard plastic in it, or at least some other colors/textures to change it up a bit.
Overall review: I love this car! I've owned 5 Volkswagens and yes they were fun to drive but the amount of problems they each had just wasn't worth it anymore. I was looking for something fun to drive, reliable, and good on gas and I couldn't have found a better option than this Scion tC. It looks great in my opinion, I enjoy driving it and I am averaging 28mpg already...couldn't ask for more!
cool car were in are 40s by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/23/2012. Trim: 2012 Scion tC Sports Coupe 6-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Color intown mpg best so far 24.7
Cons: none
Overall review: Turbo later
Test Driver
I like this car but this is no means a performance car by Obama on 08/31/2012. Trim: 2012 Scion tC Sports Coupe 6-Spd MT.
Pros: Sporty look & ride, decent stereo, 6 speed manual standard, light weight car, nice that it has a bigger 4 banger, 2.5L is much better that the smaller inline 4's. 200 hp is much better than 170 but it's not even close to 320.
Cons: weak power, no torque, shifter feels like a toy, not so great gas mileage for a small car like this, the engine is actually outdated technology although I'm sure this makes it very dependable and cheap to maintain. Not very many standard amendities.
Overall review: coming from a 2000 V6 camaro i thought I wanted a smaller car for better mileage and a lower purchase price, My first choice was a Scion TC, however after test driving one I realize that I would only be happy with a v6 car. I really like everything on the TC, I like the looks and the stance and the ride, I like the race style sterring wheel and the fact that a 6 speed manual is available, I like the stereo, but the dealbreaker was the lack of power and the flimsy feel of the shifter.I test drove a 2011 with 15,000 miles so I know it was broken in and running at it's best but I could not feel any power in this car until you get over 4,000 rpm, I feel more power in both my old & new camaro right off the line, the camaro only being $3k more with more power & more standard options was a better buy to me, Although the TC would get about 2-3mpg more than my v6 camaro. I could live with the TC and if you dont care so much about acceleration the TC is a winner and a nice car for the money.