2012 Audi A8

AUDI A8 - THE THINKING MAN'S LUXUARY CAR by Paul on 02/23/2012. Trim: 2012 Audi A8 4.2 Sedan quattro, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Best car I have ever owned. I tested the S550, 750iL, XJL and was most impressed by the styling, intelligent engineering, beautiful interior, AWD, size and performance of the A8. Performance is an important factor for me and since Audi quotes 0-60 mph in 5.6 sec, I was kind of ho-hum about it -especially when the BMW has 400HP & the Jag 470HP. So I put a G-tech on the loaner L version and got 0-60sec in 4.91 sec and then my A8 did it in 4.77 sec. I was blown away. Audi just has smarter engineering - the lower weight & Quattro, 8-speed, allow as smaller engine to deliver better performance & fuel economy - I am averaging about 22MPG in Seattle.
Cons: Since the car comes with a big navigation screen and all sorts of gadgets - I naturally assumed it had a backup camera (my Lexus certainly did) - but no. Can you believe Audi doesn't include a backup camera in a $90K car as standard? I had to fit one for $1,300 (Car Toys). The only other odd issue is that small pebbles get caught between the rear disc brake rotor and its guard - had it happen four times now with a loud screeching noise. Barrier did a great job by coming out to my house to take one out and make an adjustment – impressively great service - especially when Audi USA's solution was to tow the car...
Overall review: I read the magazine reviews before test driving these cars and agree with them that this is currently the best luxury sedan in this class. The combination of the entire package is so compelling and I love that it is understated excellence that doesn't scream - "look at my badge". To me its the car people who know about cars would buy - based on quality and attention to detail as a product - not as a brand. Oh did I mention the cool LED headlights :)
Big Car With No Shortcomings. by BP from Cleveland on 06/01/2012. Trim: 2012 Audi A8 4.2 Sedan L quattro, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car is ultra-luxurious and the ride and handling can be set up for either sport or comfort. Acceleration is quick and cornering is tight for a ver big car. The technology and gadgets are incredible; it really has everything.
Cons: The length of the L version can be a little ungainly when trying to get in and out of tight spots. Fortunately the car has about every camera and pre-collision option there is.
Overall review: Tremendous combination of luxury and performance. This car has everyting and can do just about anything.