2012 Hyundai Veracruz

A comfortable, pleasing ride. by Nana from Bama on 07/31/2012. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Veracruz, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought it because I needed something to help haul 6 grandchildren and we have been quite pleased with its performance.
Cons: The original tires have been troublesome.
Overall review: We have enjoyed owning this vehicle,using it around town as well as on long trips. We have not encountered any real problems with it at all.
Veracruz loaded with features by Ken from Texas on 06/11/2012. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Veracruz Limited, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I own the 2008 limited version of the hyundai veracruz, which is loaded with features. I had considered buying the Lexus RX350 but the Veracruz offered far more features and a better warranty for much less. I especially like the (very comfortable) third row of fold down seats, which allows me to carry seven passengers. The remote power liftgate in back is fantastic. Seats are comfortable and there is plenty of legroom and headroom. Power sunroof is nice. Integrated garage door opener in rearview mirror is great. Heated side-view mirrors, auto temperature controls, ergonomic everything. Plenty of interior lights and cupholders. Enough airbags to make you feel very safe.
Cons: Lowsy gas mileage averaging 18 mpg in combined city/highway driving, which leads to a short driving range of around 320 miles per tank of fuel. After 60,000 miles I can report that the car has had some reliability issues including having several suspension components replaced (under warranty). A software upgrade affected driveability at 35-40 mph making the car's transmission upshift too early leading to a loss in torque and some shaking in steady speed driving. It took 3 visits to the dealer but now the problem appears fixed. I lost one of my two electronic key fobs and had to pay $250 for another! Made me miss the days of the 99 cent car key.
Overall review: The Veracruz is worth considering if you are looking at the Lexus RX350. This car has a more powerful engine, more interior room and seats, and a better warranty. Resale value probably isn't so great due to lack of demand. If I were doing this purchase over I would test drive the acura mdx.
Test Driver
nice two people car by serious buyer in Seattle on 05/21/2012. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Veracruz Limited AWD.
Pros: very attractive
Cons: accessories seemed bleak. I couldn't believe I couldn't get this car with navigation??? Would have had to go aftermarket. I thought the price was high for what I was getting.
Overall review: Too expensive. I went for a Durango instead, a bit more expensive but loaded with accessories.
A very nice comfortable car by Bob from Myrtle Beach SC on 01/05/2013. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Veracruz Limited, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love the way it handles and am very comfortable with the seating
Cons: The gas mileage is not what I expected... Am getting around 13-14 miles per gallon city
Overall review: Very nice vehicle
Great Car by TX on 12/31/2012. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Veracruz, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: A nice reliable vehicle at an afordable price
Cons: There are no cons, in my opinion.
Overall review: I would recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a SUV.