2012 Kia Sorento

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Avoid if you have 2 kids. by Cody on 04/03/2012. Trim: 2012 Kia Sorento SX AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the added bells and whistles in the SX trim, the accelaration and peformance.
Cons: I do like this vehicle but if you have more then two kids in car seats you should definitely look elsewhere. The second row seats do NOT move at all and that makes fitting a rear facing car seat extremely hard if you still want to maintain respectable room in the front row for the driver or passenger. Once we put two kids and my wife and I in fhe vehicle it almost had a claustorphobic feeling.
Overall review: This vehicle is an excellent purchase if you have zero to 1 children but anymore then that I would avoid.
Extremely Disappointed - Please consider other options. by 777-man on 11/04/2012. Trim: 2012 Kia Sorento EX FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Pretty good handling, braking and very little exterior noise. Easy to drive and somewhat comfortable, but definitely not for the long trips.
Cons: Extremely poor gas mileage. I purchased this specific vehicle as Kia claimed that the 2.4 L 4 Cyc-GDL engine would deliver 22 in the city and 32 in the highway. 60% of my driving is on the highway and the rest in the city The very best combined gas mileage is around 20 mpg on premium fuel. Kia lied about the fuel consumption as U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said Hyundai and Kia issued incorrect mileage estimates on fuel consumption for about 900,000 vehicles sold since late 2010. You can Google it on the internet to learn more. I would NOT have purchased this Sorento if I would have known that.
Overall review: Extremely disappointed with car, especially the gas consumption and very poor acceleration. The car has been in the shop for small repairs that were covered under the warranty. The UVO music system is a joke as the Microsoft software consistently crashes. Consider buying another vehicle as Kia can not be trusted. Who knows what else they have overstated and lied about in order for consumers to purchases their cars. I am now selling my vehicle at a huge loss as the gas mileage is just unacceptable, as my previous V6 SVU delivered better gas consumption vs. the Sorento.
A Major Disappointment by Mickey Dawgg on 09/11/2011. Trim: 2012 Kia Sorento LX V6 FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Awesome power and acceleration with V6 engine
Cons: Poor initial quality
Overall review: After 150 miles the plastic seat belt retainer clips popped out of the interior sides they were supposed to be anchored to. I tried to put them back in but they would eventually pop out again. After 250 miles the engine began to idle rough, the transmission would go "clunk" when shifting up or down at slow speeds, and the car began to vibrate when driving on the highway. After 850 miles the rear view screen in the mirror for the backup camera began to have thick black lines across it. Sometimes the screen would go completely black. The car has only a little over 1000 miles on it, but I dread driving it for fear of having more things go wrong. If all these problems are normal for this car, I'd hate to see what's considered abnormal. If you're thinking of buying the Sorento, don't do it, unless you're willing to find out a new meaning for the word "normal." As for me, I will never buy another Kia again.
"The Crossover with Everything" by Pasha from Romulus on 04/16/2012. Trim: 2012 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The body, style and performance. It has all the bells and whistles as its competitors. The Sorento has a sleek look, which is totally unisex. The detailing is very impressive.
Cons: No dislikes
Overall review: Top quality ride
Honey how about a Kia? by D from Vancouver on 12/12/2011. Trim: 2012 Kia Sorento EX AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the styling, the acceleration for a 4 cylinder is very good. Some reviews I read said that it needs more power. If you need more power, buy the V6. It's that simple. We have owned 2 CRV's and loved them. We went with the Sorento because it has and does a lot of the same things our CRV's do for a smaller price tag. The fit and finish is excellent. The handling and braking are outstanding. The UVO is worth having. But my wife and I love gadgets. The interior layout is smart and functional. The Sirius Radio is great. The trunk storage is very large. We just got our cargo mat and doggy fence to keep the dog in the back.
Cons: I am 6'3". There is plenty of headroom and shoulder room but a little more legroom in the front seats would be better. The CRV's had more. The blind spots are taking some getting used to. Gas mileage slightly less then CRV.
Overall review: We just drove the Sea to Sky Highway from Vancouver to Whistler and loved every minute of it. The Sorento is very tight handling almost like a BMW SUV. The heated power driver seat is heaven. Lot's of room for our baby(plus stroller and supplies) and dog. If you are an ex-CRV owner and lover as we are, you'll appreciate the performance of the Sorento with a little less interior room. We like the styling better then the competitors. We looked at and drove the following vehicles before settling on this one: Honda CRV EXL, Mitsubishi Outlander XLS, and the Subaru Forester 2.5X limited. If not for the amazing Kia financing, we would have taken the Forester as our first choice but no regrets.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next