2012 Chevrolet Sonic

2012 Chevrolet Sonic Prices
2012 Chevrolet Sonic Fuel Economy
Great Little Car by Steve - Newport News, VA on 03/18/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Sonic 1LTZ 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great little car. It is nice to see GM appear to get something right. It will never be mistaken for a sports car but the acceleration is sufficient to make this a fun little car. I like the dash with the electronic-numeric speedometer. The dash controls are laid out convenient to the driver. The seats are comfortable so far but I have not had the chance to take this on a longer trip yet. Like the included "Hands Free" connection. Had to learn to say "Blue Tooth" first or else voice command would default to On-Star. Drives well is pretty quiet for a smaller car and is steady and well-behaved on the interstate.
Cons: This is really minor - the seatbelt is hard to put in with the parking brake on (parking brake handle in the way). When using IPOD - the search menu is not available on the steering wheel so you have to select your album/artist before driving (since you can create a play-list this is not really a big deal). The sunroof button takes some getting used to. You don't have seperate buttons for raising the rear of the sunroof or sliding back (same button does both) and it takes a little getting used to getting the sunroof closed properly. There is some rear wind noise and I am not sure what the source of that is.
Overall review: So far we have been very pleased with this car. The fit, finish and quality is good and the interior is much nicer than the Honda Fit we comparison shopped to and was almost as nice as the Hyundai Veloster we looked at. This car is quieter than the other small cars we have had - Nissan Protege, and Toyota Corolla. This was my experiment to see if GM was capable of making a decent car. I was more of a Japanese car buyer but so far I am very happy with this car.
More Then a Little Car (alot more) by Doberman from PA on 03/23/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Sonic 2LT 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling, I smile every time I look at it, (a beautiful car). I got the LT, and it has all of the opition I wanted, blue tooth, ipod, even remote start. Very fun to drive, even with the auto, (has a manul setting). Make winding roads fun, (handling is very well). On the highway it is smooth and steady (nice ride).
Cons: If you really get up in the RPM's the engine whines, (not a nice sounding whining). I have the hatch back, and if you roll down the back windows and leave the front ones up, the air buffers you ear drums.
Overall review: If you are looking for a fun car that is easy on the pocket book, I don't think you can get anything better. I tested several other models, and the Sonic has the nicest fit and finish, road manners, and more get-up-and-go then any. If you are looking for something in the price range, (or even more expensive). Take the Sonic for a ride, and you will see what I mean.
Test Driver
Truly Inpr by Thkpic on 04/02/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Sonic.
Pros: Quality of interior, smooth quiet ride, substance for a compact, leg room in back, huge trunk for a small car, above average styling, six gear for max fuel economy.
Overall review: I've driven dozens of cars in the past few years and that includes pretty much every small compact on the market minus Kia's offerings. This car hands down is the best small car you can get for the money- period. I've even driven the new 12 impreza, Focus, Fiesta, Versa, Corolla, Sentra, C30....on and on. It excels because it leads in almost every category over its competitors. Better interior room than all of them, more comfortable seating, excellent precise gearbox, no blinding pillars, quieter ride, better turn in. Ah, I could go on and on, point is For the first time I know what car I'll be buying next. The worst part about it is the name. Why? Because its tens times better than the name would leave you to believe. I'm not brand loyal, you should drive the best car at the best price. This is it. Nuff said....
Just a Blast of a Car! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/02/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Sonic 1LTZ 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have been a BMW owner for nearly twenty years and decided I wanted to quit paying for fuel and downsize my lifestyle. This LTZ Turbo Hatchback is just an absolute blast to drive! It's plenty quick enough and no matter how sporty I drive it I still end up with a 34+ MPG, amazing! I still have an M3 BMW and I find myself having as much fun driving the Chevy. One can only go so fast. The ride is qiet, smooth, and just downright enjoyable.
Overall review: See Above...
The Right Choice to Buy by Proud Sonice Buyer from Columbus, Ohio on 01/08/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Sonic 1LS Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Higher MPG than rated comfort fun to drive quiet ride
Cons: none
Overall review: I have owned this car since November 2011. I have been impressed with everything about it. It is roomy. It is fun to drive. The interior is nice and every dial is convenient. I have been tracking my mpg since buying it and I travel about 40% city and 60% highway. I have been getting about 36 mpg on the average. I have taken one trip on the highway and I got 40 mpg. I test drove the Ford Fiesta before this car. The Fiesta is cramp and loud on the highway. If you are looking for a subcompact, the Sonic is the car to buy.