2012 Chevrolet Impala

2 3 4 5 6  Next
P-colafun Cruiser by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/30/2013. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Impala LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Bought my 2012 LT Jan. 11. I absolutely LOVE IT!! It has a lot of power, and can get you merging into traffic easily! I drove it to ATL and it was one of the best driving trips I have ever had! Took my uncle for a ride and he was impressed (he drives a new Crysler 300). Visited my cousin @ the Nissan dealership where he works...and ALL of the sales guys came out to look at it. Now, because there are so many LT's, I did "trick mine out" a bit. I added a few things to make it stand out a bit!! It really, really turns heads! LOVE my Impala LT!!
Cons: Hate that on the LT's there are no fog lights or driving lights and you cannot add them on because of the way the bumper / front is made. A LOT of plastic / vinyl. Backseat is a bit small for the size of the car. Minor, but the cup holders are a bit too far back. Not a lot to gripe about so far. Mostly love my car!
Overall review: Chevrolet has the potential to get a much larger share of the car market IF they will continue to improve their vehicles! With a few more refinements, the Impala could seriously compete with competition with more confidence that the product they are offering is equal to and / or superior to the competitors!! Might not have said this a few years ago...but, I am looking forward to the future Chevrolet models! Happy driving to ALL...!
Test Driver
2012 Impala LTZ by carfreakfromla on 07/03/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Impala LTZ.
Pros: Nice power and gas mileage, very roomy, lots of cargo space in trunk, good ride
Cons: very slow transmission, could use more soft touch materials, handles lousy
Overall review: Perfect car for long road trips. This car rides very nice and has good power but a slow shifting transmission. Not a car to go through the hills with - doesnt handle very well but thats how you get a good ride. I love how big the trunk is too, you can fit lots of stuff in there. The seats could be more comfortable in the LTZ. MSN also wrote a mistake, the LT and LS come with a silver grill, the LTZ comes with a black grill.
Test Driver
Still Not There GM by Kevin on 04/23/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Impala LS.
Pros: Ride was fairly smooth, easy entrance to front seats, reasonable controls.
Cons: This weekend I rented a new Impala LS, I was expecting a bit more punch from the advertized 300 HP and I thought it could have been quieter. The fuel mileage was OK, but the Nissan Altima I rented last month used less fuel and it felt like it had more power with much better seats. The base Impala has no lumbar support and the interior was very basic, not even a place to put your sunglasses. I realized why I hate front wheel drive, and why I will never buy one, there is still torque steer and the ride is not as composed.
Overall review: GM used to build smooth, quiet full-sized, rear wheel drive V8 cars. They were solid, comfortable and reliable, I kept my last one until 10 years ago. I loved my 73 and 78 Buicks, my 82 Caprice and 86 Parisienne and then GM ruined their full-sized line-up with bunch of lesser riding, unsophisticated, noisey, low torque, front wheel drive V6s that got marginally better gas mileage. Thanks to GM's forward planning in the 90's, I had to buy a Crown Vic and then a Lincoln LS, since Ford has dropped their RWD cars, I don't have any good choices for a domestic full-size car, sorry but I rented a Dodge Charger and one day was enough. American automakers continue to make cheap marginal cars that nobody wants. Don't they wonder why people are buying Infiniti, Lexus, Mercedes, BMW's or even Jags? GM, please bring back a proper full-size, RWD V8. What about a Camero for grown-ups disguised as a good old Caprice and get the fleet business back.
I like my Impala by John on 03/02/2013. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Impala LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: body style, 6 speed transmission is very smooth, cloth seats are comfortable for long drives, visibility is great with limited areas of blind spots. Trunk space is large enough to carry 3 work bags and still have enough room for other items. Seats are comfortable and the back seat has enough room for my larger size co-workers to feel comfortable during drives. Road riding is comfortable and the road noise is a lot less than my 1999 Monte Carlo. I like the small storage areas under the back seat. Gas mileage has been very well for in town trips and on the freeway. I like the weight of the doors. The overall controls on the dash and radio.
Cons: The cup holders seem a little far back in the console for driver and passenger. No fog lamps for the LT. (trivial complaint). The interior materials (plastics) can be a better quality in some areas. The front map lights are not as bright as in other vehicles. Location of the cigarette lighter for plugging in gadgets.
Overall review: I have always liked the Impala model. The 2012 model has nice handling, minimum road noise, a comfortable cabin for the driver and passengers alike. My back seat passengers tell me they don't feel cramped and have decent leg room, even when the front seats are fully in the back position. I like the response from the 6 -speed transmission. Shifting is mostly un-noticeable. Overall, I would recommend this vehicle to friends.
2012 LTZ I looked at alot of cars and ended up here.. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/23/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Impala LTZ, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love the LTZ heated seats, lumbar and leather looks nice feels good, bose stereo sounds excellent 18inch rims look nice and the bottom driving lights are really bright and help compliment the headlights nicely, The trunk is huge and the rear seats fold down and have storageroom under them 6 feet of room with the seats down hooks for bags and groceries , The legroom and comfort of this car is unsurpassed in this price range this car was made to be comfortable, The 6 speed transmisson is smooth and with paddle shifters and 300 horsepower this car scoots if you needs to get out of the way or pass a 05 v8 mustang ;) I like the handeling it's solid and predictable ...
Cons: The tires look expensive to replace not really a con it has nice tires .. The car wasn't waxed when I got it and I wish they would of added some nice exhaust tips on the duals .. I had to peel off the pinstripe since the car is summit white and had a horrible blue pinstripe I lost 10 minutes of my life for that 75 dollar option..
Overall review: This car s a huge value for the money very good on gas if you don't tap into the V-6, 300 plus horsepower it feels nice to drive it's comfort and performance a nice feel of luxury wrapped in leather ,The heated seats warm up quick this car is really nice I think a touch up on the styling is past due other than that I am happy to drive this beauty ..I looked at the malibuI love the looks and don't want a 4 cyl or turbo 4cyl that's too much car for that little motor to last over 180,000 miles it seems like it will wear down quicker than a V-6
2 3 4 5 6  Next