2012 Chevrolet Avalanche

Perfect mating of SUV and pickup! by Geohog82 from Ft. Smith, AR on 02/10/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The look, fit and finish and attention to details are all great. The Avalanche rides great and the controls are easy and intuitive. After a 21 year stretch of driving Fords, it's nice to be back in a GM product. For me, the cross between full size SUV and pickup is a great fit. Working in the oilfield and spending large amounts of time driving on everything from interstates to rutted backroads, this vehicle is perfect for me.
Cons: Wish the mileage was better, but the compromise between fuel economy and ride comfort, given the amount of time spent in the vehicle, is well worth it.
Overall review: My last two vehicles were Ford Expeditions and I was happy with both of them. That being said, the ride, attention to detail and enjoyment of driving the Avalanche is a welcome change.
Texas Cadillac by Emaw from Port Orange on 05/20/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I am a female age, just say over 55+. This is my 3rd Avalanche. Need I say more. I enjoy the quality, the attention to detail, and the quite ride plus the comfort. With the backup camera, I can be sure to see those that walk behind me, ( thinking I can see them, NOT) This is just amazing to me, that anyone would not look before walking in back of any truck. Yes, it is thirsty, my only complaint, but I give up the cost of gas for the comfort. Very disappointed that this is the last year for this fine truck. We added to the bed a pull out bed- tray, that makes it easy to load anything and every thing. This added feature works great.
Cons: MPG Diasappointing
Overall review: Even tho I live in Florida, I call my Avalanche my "TEXAS CADILLAC"
The ultimate in style, versitility and comfort. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/17/2013. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Avalanche, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The Versaitility, I can fold down the midgate to haul almost anything with ease with its powerful engine. And when the sun goes down I can comfortably have myself and 4 friends along and arrive with the unique styling specific to an Avalanche, unless you count hondas cheap ripoff, which i dont, and with all the comforts, the USB integration and steering wheel controls and BOSE is awesome too!!!!
Cons: the instant MPG function is almost as distracting as an annoying distraction or as a cell phone and should be ditched from all models, not just the avalanche.
Overall review: Great truck its the second Avalanche ive owned and ive wanted one since 2001 and i saw the "change for a dollar commercial"
Awesome Truck and family hauler by Noreaster on 08/04/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything
Overall review: Tell GM, not to discontinue this vehicle. It gives Chevrolet a lot of character and versatility.
Enthusiast
ultimate transformer by Moneyman from Miramar on 06/11/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 2WD.
Pros: very versatile... I can haul a load of plywood and mulch during the day, and go out on the town at night. Great ride, even when towing a 26 foot boat. Plenty of power. Bluetooth, usb port, aux port, rear dvd with wireless headphones, a/c & heated seats, sat nav. Suburban like ride, pick-up like utility. This is my fifth Avalanche..remote link
Cons: They discontinued the rain - sense wipers...otherwise no cons. Others have mentioned the fuel issue, but it really is not too bad for the size...15mpg lifetime. I have survived a nasty wreck in my avalanche that would have killed me in any other econo-box.
Overall review: 10+.... The best vehicle out there...Rock solid work truck.....the ultimate road trip worrior....classy enough to impress the boss..(and the ladies).