2012 Chevrolet Malibu

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Great alternative to the import cars. by BB Washington State on 01/12/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling, comfort, interior room, fuel milage, ride
Cons: None at this time
Overall review: When Chevrolet redesigned the Malibu for 2008 I thought it was a sporty looking car. I still do. Even though it looks small from the outside, it is roomy inside. Being 6'4" there is plenty of head and leg room up front. The back seat there is plenty of leg room for me, but could use a little more head room. For a 4cyl engine the car is actully responsive and gets great fuel milage. The car rides smooth, handles great, and stable at high speeds. I think Chevrolet has done a great job in designing this car to compete against Toyota and Nissan. I test drove an Altama and the Malibu is the better car. The 1LT package is well equiped. The only option on our car was the power convenience package which I think is a must. I gives you a power driver's seat, remote start, rear 12v and 110v power outlets and bluetooth for your phone. Even with this option and destination charge the sticker price was $24,790.
the perfict car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/18/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Malibu 1LS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: everything is wright I love this car
Cons: none
Overall review: I would recomend this car to anybody
Test Driver
2012 Malibu LTZ by carfreakfromla on 07/03/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Malibu 2LTZ.
Pros: Nice interior and exterior, love the 18" wheels
Cons: Bad gasmileage, Sterring wheel controls are too small, v6 not enough power
Overall review: Its a pretty good car. I had the LTZ model with the 3.6 V6. The V6 doesnt pull that much considering its a 3.6L. It also doesn't really get that good gas mileage. I love the interior and exterior although the steering wheel controls are a bit small. The cars handles pretty good through corners, it doesnt sway as much as the Impala. I would say its a pretty good everyday driver.
My Malibu by Doug from Jackson,MI on 02/14/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Malibu 2LTZ, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have the black metallic paint which seems to be a lot better than the '09 Pontiac G6 GTP I had previously. Fit and finish are good. The interior panels and dash are a vast improvement. The transmission ( 6 speed auto ) is lots better than the '09....Power and handling are also improved which is good considering this is a 4 door, the Pontiac was a coupe. Overall this is a nice car for the money. If, it were a coupe, I'd be thrilled !
Cons: No available coupe from GM except Vettes, Camaros and CTS Caddys....all rear wheel drive. I live in Michigan, so.... Shaded windsheilds are NOT an option. Cargo nets are an option...standard on the '09 Pontiac. Six disc CD changers became single disc in 2012. The worse thing is fuel economy. My Malibu has 5,000 miles on it. It has the 3.6 liter VVT V-6 and six speed auto, just as the '09 G6 GTP had, but the Pontiac got 28-29 mpg @ 70 mph ( cruise on, four lane limited access highway ) The Malibu does 23-24 at the same settings, same roads. As you can see, a 20% drop in fuel economy. So, I moved up 3 years and lost 5 mpg. Granted this drop will not break me, but, 3 years of engineering..?
Overall review: My thoughts....GM ditched Pontiac and killed coupes at Chevy ( Cobalt ) Left us with two older people lines...Buick and Cadilac. Plus, ditched Monte Carlo a coupe. We lost shaded windshields...still available on trucks and Cruzes.....? So, my take is this, if, you are not a family, a SUV or crossover type who needs the seating or a pick-up truck lover. What are your choices at General Motors... Gm is clearly cutting back on options and standard equipment so their assembly plants can build units faster with reduced choices. Spoilers and such are now dealer installed options. I like to buy America and lease every three years. However, this Malibu may be my last American car or at least my last GM unit.
Just drive one...you'll LOVE it! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/02/2013. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Malibu 2LTZ, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great style, good finish, FUN to drive!
Cons: Can sip a little gas around town, but NOT a major issue.
Overall review: I have the LTZ with the V-6, and she's got some cajones! I drove a 2005 Pontiac G-6 with the 3.5 V-6, and I have to be careful, because the 3.6 along with the 6 speed automatic wants to run! This car is about as perfect as it can get for the price. I searched this one out and bought it a year old with 20000 miles, and saved a TON! If you want toys, it's got toys. If you want a solid feeling car to drive, this is it. A BIG jump from the Pontiac, and I really hated to part with my Pontiac. Chevrolet has a winner with the Malibu...go drive one!
2 3 4 5 6  Next