2012 Chevrolet Volt

2012 Chevrolet Volt Prices
2012 Chevrolet Volt Fuel Economy
Coolest car I've ever owned by honest consumer - Carthage NC on 05/21/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Volt, Owned 1 year.
Pros: By far the coolest car I’ve ever owned and the Volt has far exceeded all of my expectations. I've owned the vehicle for 9 months; and the electric range and gasoline backup remain as advertised. Most of the time my single charge electric range is about 40 miles – at a cost of $1.52. My monthly electric cost is about $45 a month – compared to almost $350 a month for gas in my previous vehicle. And beyond the fuel savings – the Volt is a very attractive, sporty & comfortable car to drive. Loaded full of technology and user friendly controls. And 2 very important attributes: IIHS top safety pick & Consumer Reports #1 vehicle in customer satisfaction (all make, all models)
Cons: Nothing....The public’s view of this vehicle is greatly misunderstood – GM should spend a little more time educating the public on this vehicle. Most forums or web pages that speak negative of this vehicle – are heavily advertised by Toyota, Nissan or Ford. Funny thing – they all seem to have an electric vehicle of their own – but where are they?? There are NO mandatory recalls for the Volt. But you can find plenty for Ford, Toyota and Nissan
Overall review: Highly recommend this vehicle. All of the negative comments about this vehicle are most likely written by some poor consumer that has found themselves is some piece of “foreign letdown” – so they try to find some way of justifying their miserable daily commute by degrading a car they truly know nothing about. Read past the negative press, get the true facts, take a test drive – and you will probably drive it home.
Dont let big oil destroy another great idea. by Doug : Nebraska on 03/24/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Volt Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Economical..better than expected. We have had it for 4 months now and have 3800 mi. on it. We took five small family trips for 3 day wkends in larger citys. 500mi. Plus per trip. Sioux Falls S.D., Linclon Nebaska, Omaha Nebraska, Kansas City Kansas, and Soiux Falls S.D. again. Gas engine transitioned flawlessly and still we are averaging 72 mi. per gallon lifetime on the car. We are taking more trips than we were in the past. There is more legroom in the back seats than the car is getting credit for. Cargo= We brought back a 50 in TV. in box. Plus luggage.
Cons: No dislikes. My wife was afraid to take it for the first couple of months. She was afraid she would not be able to switch from electric to gas. This is a misconception. There is nothing you need to do, just drive. It is fool proof. She now wants the Volt to be her car now.
Overall review: The front seats go back so far that at 6ft 6in I am unable to reach the floor boards. With seats all the way back it will cramp riders in the back. If the front passangers can set the seat at a comfortable position there is a fair amount of leg room in the back seats. 90% of the time there is only 1 or 2 people in the car anyway (at least for my family) Charging the Volt gives you a "stick it to the man " feeling no $.55a gallon going to Taxes. Its like getting a gallon of gas every day for less than a Dollar (at 8.2 cents a Kwh). thats like getting 30 gallons of gasoline a month for less than $30 assuming you use up all the batteries every day (I dont) Best Car our family ever had.
Crazy cool car! by kickincanada from Ottawa on 03/24/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Volt, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The car is awesome fun to drive & everyone who sees it in person is really impressed with its sleek looks, quick off the line torque, and the silent drive. Very comfortable and relaxing. And its range is great - 50 miles in the spring/summer/fall on battery - and you can go farther on gas if you need to. If you charge at work or in between drives you can actually go 50-100 miles per day on electric - basically you get to give the oil companies the middle finger when you drive by the gas station. Weird to spend more on car washes than gas. It is no Cruze - it's more lux and has more in common with a Audi A3 or BMW 3. In fact, I know of many luxury car drivers who are buying the Volt.
Cons: Well honestly I don't have any. Sure it may not have rain sensing wipers, & a few other amenities, but the interior is really nice. Might be a bit tight in the back when the front seats are all the way back, but not really much different than most other smaller cars. Tons of room in the hatch - I was very surprised at what I could fit back there. Also some may find the MPG when using the engine a bit low compared to a Prius but I routinely get 40-42mpg hwy which exceeds most other cars out there. But this is really for those people who want to avoid gas - if you like big oil or are driving many, many miles per day the Volt is not for you. But for the majority of us it works great.
Overall review: This car has exceeded my expectations on every level. Every week I'm stopped & asked questions about it & to be honest not one person has had a negative thing to say. Most heard comment is "it looks way better in person". When I tell them I go weeks without using gas they are blown away. Another plus is women love the fact they plug-in safely at home and don't have to go to the gas station. Finally, I love the fact I drive a premium vehicle at price point of an average compact. I'm saving $285 per month compared to my previous ride (Ford Expedition). Over 5 years this puts the Volt in line with the avg price of a new car. I just wish some people would be more open minded about this car.
Fantastic!! by MVRacing on 03/24/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Volt, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Fantastic vehicle!! Love that I just don't care about gas prices any more. Have owned it 5 months and used 8 gallons :-)
Cons: Should be a rebate instead of a tax credit.
Overall review: Buy one...you won't regret it.
Freedom from foreign oil by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/24/2012. Trim: 2012 Chevrolet Volt, Owned 1 year.
Pros: After 11000km I have used only 71L of gasoline
Cons: None
Overall review: The Chevrolet. Volt is an engineering marvell. It is smooth, quiet, and has good acceleration and handling. If you buy some solar panels to charge it you will have the ultimate green vehicle with the ability to travel farther on gasoline if needed.