2012 Hyundai Accent

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
Accent GLS Auto. Sedan by Bill on 03/03/2012. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Quiet, comfortable, deceiving in its its roominess . Good MPG average 34-35 in suburban type driving for 2000 miles so far. Feels substantial and fun to drive. Quality finish.
Cons: Rear visability in sedan is restricted. Took off all 3 rear headrests and it improved measurably. Bought sedan over hatchback because hatchback rear visability was terrible . Rear camera should be in order. Lack of a spare tire is a disgrace. Ask the dealer about getting additional keys and a spare tire. Brace yourself for this reply , you may have a possible attitude problem.
Overall review: Like the car but if I knew how expensive and the limited availabliity of spare tires were I never would have bought the car.
Best in its class hands down for 2012! by Pablocruiser on 11/16/2011. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Gas mileage (35 average between city and highway, good ergonomics, attractive exterior, simple yet pleasant interior, comfortable seats, and the ride/ performance ratio has been engineered nicely for balance.
Cons: A/C and cruise control were not standard equipment.
Overall review: I did my homework before purchasing this car and can attest to the fact that the 6 speed manual makes the most of this car's engine. The gearbox is one of the best I've ever used; it is smooth, intuitive, and the ratios from 3rd to 6th are perfect. My car sees dirt/gravel, secondary, and the interstate daily. The ride quality and handling are top notch for a car of this size, weight, and price range. On the highway this car will go quickly from 70 to 90 smoothly and effortlessly in 6th gear. Braking is solidly predictable and very adequate. I've owned domestics, germans, swedes, and japanese brands. This is by far the most bang for the buck out there. I wouldn't have even considered a Hyundai a couple of years ago, but they have been smoking the competition. Drive the rest, compare warranties, and you too will more than likely make the same purchase that I did.
Excellent Commuter car by Buffalo XPat in Ohio on 02/23/2012. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Mileage is pretty much as advertised, amazingly enough - I log it every fillup and I'm honestly getting 37 to 42 mpg - almost all highway. I bought this as a commuter car, have had it for 8 months now, just over 16K miles already, drive 90+ miles a day. Car is quick, agile, comfortable and responsive. I note that mileage is noticeably less if using off-brand gasoline - with national brands I get the high end, with local no-names the low end. Change the oil every 3500 and hopefully I'm good to go for at least 10 yrs.
Cons: I really dislike the lack of a spare tire. The dealer has a standing order with me that as soon as he can get a compact spare for me for this car, we trade for the "fix-a-flat" non-solution that's in the trunk right now. I also dislike that they expect me to go to the dealer for every little thing, including oil changes? Not happening - I've been a shade-tree mechanic for over 40 years and that's not going to change.
Overall review: Enjoy the car and the gasoline savings especially. I was an early adopter of small Asian vehicles - had a 74 Honda Civic and a 77 Honda Civic, spouse had a 72 and 77 Toyota Corolla. This is without a doubt the best Asian vehicle I've ever owned.
Mocha Baby!2012 Accent SE 5 door! by Bill n Ohio/ on 12/19/2011. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Accent SE 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Hyundai has done a great revamp on this car! Great style, excellent room! great fuel economy! So far at 2000 miles we average 32 mpg for city/hwy combo, took one short day trip and got 40mpg, car isn't even broken in yet! The interior has plenty of room, I am 6' 1" and I can sit comfortly in front or back seats! The electrical assist power steering is awsome! Car is fun to drive, as a car should be!We got a very good deal from our dealer as well. I would highly recommend this car to any one interested in economy, room, affordability, and great looks and warranty! You won't go wrong. We love this car! Also beautiful color!( Mocha Bronze)
Cons: Nothing really to dislike, one thing that is taking time to adjust to, is the eco mode, which lowers engine rpm, and allows the auto trans to shift quicker thru all its gears so you can get better fuel economy, when on the hwy, it tends to shift down from 6th to 5 th alot due to the ratio in 6th gear cannot handle the car under a load very well , but that is the nature of this trans, and engine, I personally leave it out of eco mode and everythings works very well!
Overall review: Summing it up , great value , great looks, great mpg & plenty of room! Also car rides great and is quiet too! Engine so smooth you don't know it's running at idle.We have owned the car for about a month and a half, I know we will get wonderful use out of this car!
Very nice car by Ryello on 01/21/2012. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Nice design inside-out, lots of features, USB! Good gas mileage; first few tanks 7.8l/100km (30mpg), after 7.2 l/100km (32mpg) with 60% hwy driving and ECO on in January. Amazing "future value" financing in Canada (not sure about US). 5 years waranty. Auto door lock gets off when Parking engaged, unlike my wife's car, have to unlock the doors by pressing button every time.
Cons: strong smell of cheap regrinded plastic inside, seats are not more then ok, lack of storage places in the cabin. Very uncommon tires 14"; hard to find, expensive. Overloaded centre display.
Overall review: Very nice car, recommended.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next