2012 Ford Transit Connect

2012 Ford Transit Connect Prices
2012 Ford Transit Connect Fuel Economy
Forced to drive 1 by SWiemens driver on 04/12/2012. Trim: 2012 Ford Transit Connect XLT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Easy to park.
Cons: No leg room, non-existent acceleration, blind spots.
Overall review: I am a Ford person. Was forced to drive this by the bean counters in home office. Cramped interior. Terrible handling at highway speeds in windy conditions. I wouldn't ever think about buying this thing even if I was using someone elses money.
Sweet little pickin van by rsbikes Columbus Ohio on 05/13/2012. Trim: 2012 Ford Transit Connect XLT Premium Wagon, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: for a mini van you can't beat it. Lots of room and ample power. I recently went to Tenn. and it went thru the mountains just fine. If you are in a big hurry it could use a little more power. I installed the K&N air filter and can tell the difference. I think it is great to bad Chevy didn't come up with one first. As I am a big Chevy fan. Too bad.
Cons: When I first recieved it the engine lite would come on and it took the dealership a few weeks to fix it. The prosser was bad.
Overall review: I only have 3,000 miles o0n it and have been ask to let people look at it a few times. I am very happy with it.
Fantastic durables and very reliable Van by Floyd on 02/29/2012. Trim: 2012 Ford Transit Connect XLT Premium Wagon, Owned 1 year.
Pros: For myself has lots of room especially in the front accessibility to controls and has a large cargo space which I do need for my mobility scooter and lift it has a fantastic turning radius easy to get into tight spots and very easy to handle it had this vehicle now for two years and I would recommend it to anyone for the price you can't beat it. I do get stopped constantly when people want to know all about it while looking inside and out. I'v talk to individuals from europe and it is a very popular there and widely used,
Cons: I if Ford put in a six cylinder engine it will have a great performance, I installed a performance chip between the fuel injection body and breather and also installed an K&N filter to allow the engine to breathe more also putting holes in the Air box. This this will give you in horsepower from 22-35 more along with quick acceleration and also putting high performance spark plugs. It increased my mileage and horsepower along with performance and now exceeds miles 32mpg to the original 24mpg highway 60 MPH. You will see the difference if you do this you cost roughly $280 altogether small price for performance. Also changing your oil to synthetic &synthetic additives in your oil& gas tank
Overall review: Recommendations put in a performance chip between the breather and trottle body change your filter system to K&N and finally putting in performance spark plugs. You'll be amazed how much more performance you'll get out of the four cylinder engine and gas mileage CITY 25/27 MPG and highway at 60 MPH 28/33 I get on my Ford transit connect XLT
Mini Cargo Van by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/26/2012. Trim: 2012 Ford Transit Connect XLT w/Side and Rear Door Glass, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handles nice
Cons: Rear Seat very uncomfortable
Overall review: OK for cargo, but not well engineered for comfort
An uncomfortable, scary ride. by JR Texas on 10/23/2012. Trim: 2012 Ford Transit Connect XL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: A lot of headroom. Interior plastics are of good quality. No mechanical issues whatsoever after about 50,000 miles.
Cons: Terrible leg room for anyone over 5'8" tall. Very noisy inside. The acceleration is the worst of any vehicle I've ever driven....even old 4 cylinder clunkers that are 20 years old. Even driving at neighborhood speeds, the rpm's on this thing go crazy high when hitting the gas. It's like riding a motorcycle with less power, it's ridiculous. Handling is no better, I'm afraid. Taking corners seems to be quite a task for this little thing to pull off. Suspension seems non-existent. Hitting a bump in the road or a pothole will have you cringing. Comfort is terrible. The seats are hard, and the armrest will break within a month.
Overall review: I drive this thing everyday for my job, so I have a lot more experience with it than most drivers would. I drive about 50/50 highway/residential neighborhoods. I've grown used to it, of course...but I still can't stand it. I'm 6'1" and it's almost intolerable. I've had to push the seat as far back as possible and then some (a little crackling noise after pushing more) just to get the seat where my knees don't hit the dash/steering wheel. The acceleration is probably the worst part of this vehicle, especially on the highway. RPM's will shoot well into the 4-5k range and it feels like it's going to explode every time. My '98 corolla with a 4 cylinder feels like a Lincoln towncar after driving this thing. Coworker recently got in an accident in his. Got hit on the rear/side by a pickup going about 30mph and it put his Transit on its side. They had to cut out the windshield to get him out of the vehicle. Ridiculous in my opinion.