2012 Honda Civic

Terrific Car All Around by Dean-O on 06/06/2011. Trim: 2012 Honda Civic EX Sedan 5-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Thier are a lot of pros about this vehicle, but this review is mainly in response to the few who've reviewd the vehicle before me . Regarding the power with the eco mode button engaged - use your brains people. If your main goal is power and accelration then: A - buy a sports car, and/or, B-turn the eco mode button off. The Eco-Mode's sole purpose is for attaining higher mpgs...not breaking 0-60 times. Do your research before you taint reviews like this.. This is a purpose built car - that purpose being economy, comfort, and reliability. If your desire is speed, then don't buy a Civic. Or do, and complain about on MSN reviews where you do nothing but make yourself look mentally challenged.
Cons: Cons - no cons. But in reference to those whining about no Bluetooth in the LX.... Buy the EX!! Complaining about your LX not having Bluetooth is like someone riding a motorcycle complaining about having only two wheels instead of four. Ammenties and luxuries are not an entitlement - you have to pay money for them. I'm not complaining about not having leather in my EX... But if I did want leather, I would have purchased the EX-L trim...and not complained about it on this review!!!!
Overall review: Aside from my disdain towards those with sub-par reviewing skills, the car is treating me well so far. I've only owned it for roughly one week, but so far my experience has been great. Drives nice, seats are comfortable and supportave (I am 6 ft - 215lbs), and I really do not feel like I am driving a Civic while behind the wheel. Bluetooth is a definite must! Worth every cent for the EX trim. Additionally, the rear seat center arm rest and the sunroof are both things that really set the EX apart from the others trims - and really - the sales price difference is so minimal, I'm shocked anyone would even buy the LX...
Bet you haven’t read a review like this in a while by Lewis charlotte, nc on 05/19/2011. Trim: 2012 Honda Civic LX Sedan 5-Spd MT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: OK so my take on other reviews: they are pros. Auto is 0-60 in 8.2 seconds! Where are you getting your info? Manual is 7.7 seconds. Class leading! Manual is kinda peppy. I really like it for the price. I get 34 mpg high/city avg. Guys you must be driving a lot of city? OK, another thing manual is rated 31 high/city avg, but all suggested EPA ratings are with econ OFF! FYI if you turn on max AC no matter what it disables econ air conditioning mode and takes more engine power. Its made that way… I really like the screen!
Cons: My dislikes are the no Bluetooth sync standard on the LX model. Im coming from an SI so there is significantly more body roll than I would like! Also, more sway on the highway. Want a cheaper alloy wheel upgrades and or rear disc upgrade ability. Throw in stereo upgrade ability too.
Overall review: This is a solid car and I do like it. Other reviews were a little off, but they were correct in many ways as well. Other car makers are starting to deliver a lot more now and I suggest to comparison shop. But All three of us did and still ended up getting the civic. Still look around… Between you and me I really still dont think any cars in this price range are “great.” Including the newest offerings in the: jetta, golf, civic, corolla, elantra, focus, cruze, etc… They are all econoboxes… Oh well, dont despair. I like the ability to tinker with the econ in this car, the screen, accessories, and its fun to floor. I average 34 high/city- it says my average mph is 26 mph. So I assume its about half and half.
Buy something else by Vernon-Missouri on 04/19/2012. Trim: 2012 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan 5-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Relatively comfortable seats. Decent gas mileage (33-34 highway, 24-25 city), but well below EPA numbers.
Cons: Only gets good (35-36) mpg on straight, flat, smooth roads. Rides like a Radio Flyer wagon. Has a bland look. Have to turn off the traction control in the rain or if driving on curvy roads. Visibility is limited in several areas. Struggles to pull hills. Transmission is shifting all the time and the car will not coast down a hill without puting it in neutral. ECO mode usually gets worse gas mileage than non-ECO. Car is underpowered without ECO on, and dangerous with it on.
Overall review: A really average car that is overpriced for what you get. Take a long test drive and never engage the ECO mode.
Gutless by JayJay on 02/21/2012. Trim: 2012 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan 5-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It is a well styled vehicle on the outside and quite roomy for a sub compact. Was reliable.
Cons: Grossly under powered. The car needs about 30 more HP. Four people total in the vehicle with the AC on and you might as well have a set of peddles attached to make it up normal grades. And forget the Eco mode. Dangerously slow. Too much road noise as well as cheap plastic interior parts.
Overall review: Overall, you can do much better for the money. I had this vehicle for 10 months and just traded it in and took the hit. It just does not have the power needed to avoid normal road situations. Do a thorough test drive, as I did not. Traded in an Accord and thought that I would be getting the same type of car just in a smaller package. Not so by a long shot.
PAINT IS INFERIOR QUALITY by avg Honda owner on 01/02/2012. Trim: 2012 Honda Civic EX Sedan 5-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like the overall look of the vehicle and the interior roominess. Good car for petite people, only, though.
Cons: Too many electronic/computer/sensors to go wrong.My TPMS light has been back for service 3x & when it's on, VAS doesn't work. So much for these "safety" features. Handling is just not comfortable. Visibility is very POOR. Dash is too large. I can't see over the front end. I removed the head rests on all seats to get a little better rear view. I'd like to remove the headrest from the drivers side too b/c it causes a blind spot to my left. WORST thing on this car is the PAINT. It chips so easily & right down to the bare metal. Absolutely be aware of this problem if you intend to lease b/c it's going to cost you. I've always been a loyal Honda owner but would no longer recommend this car.
Overall review: Would no longer recommend Honda starting with 2010 models.