2012 Lincoln MKZ

MKZ: "Mexican Killer Zepher" by Jay on the Gulf Coast. on 10/02/2011. Trim: 2012 Lincoln MKZ FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This 2011 mid-size sedan rides like a full-size car. "It rides like a Cadillac" may not be an appropirate expression for a Lincoln, but it does. With its 263 hp 3.5L V6, engine performance and response are smooth, quick and quiet. Interior is what's expected of a luxury sedan - well appointed with real wood trim. The 2011 MKZ is a high-tech sedan and more so with the navigation package. Features like GPS, bluetooth with steering wheel controls, voice activation and control and "blind spot" warning are included in the package. If I had a redux I would also opt for the tuned sport suspension with 18" wheels (17" are standard). Actual city/highway combo gas mileage is 23-24 mpg.
Cons: Having bought this car just two weeks ago, I am still under the ether, but one Con is the mid-to-high $30's MSRP. Pricy for a Lincolnized version of the Ford Fusion. However, that's not a fair comparison because the MKZ is much more that a "twice-baked" Fusion. I bought a Ford product in order to "buy American" from the only car company that did not take any stimulus money. Cool, right? NOT! 45% of the parts are made in Mexico, 20% in Japan, 20% US/Canada and 15% Other. The final assembly point is Hermosillo, Mexico. I think I am coming out from under the ether.
Overall review: Smooth quiet ride, good acceleration, bells and whistles including navigation, bluetooth and sirius satellite radio, heated and cooled leather seats, good gas mileage. $3000 rebate or 0% APR for up to 60 months or 1.9% APR for 72 months. Additional $500 rebate when financed with Ford Motor Credit. Although the MKZ is made in Mexico with an American engine and a Japanese transmission, the ride, comfort, performance and high-tech features compensate for the non-American birth certificate.
great price for luxury ride by 53 mont on 10/02/2011. Trim: 2012 Lincoln MKZ FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: user friendly everything at your finger tips, like the new blind spot mirrors, beautiful finishes inside cabin smooth quiet ride. usually trade in yearly but this one is a keeper
Cons: numbers and letters on gauges are white and hard to see during day time
Overall review: great car love the black paint loaded with silver with biege interior real sharp looking
great value by paul & Mary on 05/29/2011. Trim: 2012 Lincoln MKZ FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Smooth shifting good ride and very comfortable
Cons: just to low
Overall review: great car for today we are getting close to 50 around town and 42 on the interstate
Test Driver
very past looks. Make it look like a Aston Martin in a sedan style. by chicken hutch on 04/09/2012. Trim: 2012 Lincoln MKZ.
Pros: When will ford and others look at design first. They keep reguirgating the same old -old. Fire some designers, design approval people and lets move into tomorrow.
Cons: About as ugly as the worst flee bitten duck.
Overall review: I would rather ride a bike as be seen in the piece of sad design.
Loaded Up Lincoln MKZ Hybrid by Old Car Buff on 02/28/2013. Trim: 2012 Lincoln MKZ FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought this car last fall and now have almost 4000 miles on it. I got a loaded up hybrid at a terrific price and I could not have asked for more. Mine is steel blue with black leather, and also with nav, back up camera, auto start and blind spot plus THX Stereo and Sirrus radio channels which I have to decide if I am renewing soon. See if I can get as good a deal from Sirrus as Lincoln gave me on this MKZ. The car is super, and I am set for the next 20 years I figure.
Cons: Nothing comes immediately to mind. I don't do as well with the mileage as I thought I would but I admit I have a bit of a heavy foot. I blame myself. The engine has plenty of get up and go, and I never feel like I am in some kind of weak car. On the contrary. I still get great MPG, but I have to ease up maybe a bit. It's just a pleasure to drive and own. Very comfortable, good looking, strong and tight.
Overall review: Great Car. Great Deal. Looks better to me than the newer (2013) style. The 2012 is a little more conservative maybe, but that's OK with me.