2012 Acura TL

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
The 2012 Acura TL: A Great Alternative to a Mercedes, Lexus, or BMW by Lady Acura Driver Since 1994 from Southern California on 05/01/2012. Trim: 2012 Acura TL 6-Spd AT w/ Technology Pkg, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Superb handling and powerful engine. Excellent fuel economy for a mid-size, luxury sedan. The 2012 Acura TL w/Technology package is a great alternative to the typical Mercerdes, Lexus, or BMW sedans. It is "under the radar" in terms of popularity, but a great vehicle. This is my 3rd Acura vehicle...I've enjoyed driving/owning all of them.
Cons: The only negative is the premium unleaded gas requirement, but other than that, no complaint. The car drives well on 89/87 fuel as well.
Overall review: The 2012 Acura TL is a great car. I've owned the car for over 6 mos., and everyday is like a "brand new car" experience - a fresh, powerful, subdued, yet stylish car!
The Complete Car by Scott from DC on 10/05/2012. Trim: 2012 Acura TL 6-Spd AT SH-AWD w/ Advance Pkg, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Much improved styling over the 2011 TL. Handling, acceleration are great. Very pleased with the 3.7L V6, and the SH-AWD, which sounds nice when leaning on the gas. Being 6'2", I was surprised to find ample room in the rear driver-side seat, when the driver seat was set for me. Seats are comfortable and supportive when getting agressive in the corners. Cooled seats are the way to go with the Advance Pkg. Voice command features allow access to just about everything. Ambient lighting is a nice touch. The Blind-spot warning system is a must have! The 19" wheels give the TL a agressive edge.
Cons: None at this time.
Overall review: The 2012 TL Advance Pkg, SH-AWD is so much car for a great price. The driving exprience, features, options, safety and reliability should put this car at the top of anyone's list seeking a sedan that drives like a sports car. A person can spend ten thousand more on a vehicle and still not top the features, and reliability of the TL. The Acura TL tag line: "Agression in its most elegant form," is very fitting.
Just OK by Very Disappointed on 09/11/2012. Trim: 2012 Acura TL 6-Spd AT SH-AWD w/ Technology Pkg, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Acura/Honda Reliability
Cons: Soft ride, needs more power, bland styling, not exciting to drive.
Overall review: I recently purchased this car as a downgrade from a high performance vehicle in order to save money. I fully regret my decision. If you are looking for a sports sedan, pass on the TL. The ride is soft even with the AWD. The car is underpowered, needs another 50 HP at least. If you are looking for a sports sedan, go with BMW 3 series, mercedes c class, even lexus IS before the TL. I have only had this car a week and already want to get rid of it. It looks like I will bite the bullet on depreciation, taxes, etc.. and trade it in soon...If you are looking for an economical car with little thrills, you will probably like it.
TL Redux by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/09/2012. Trim: 2012 Acura TL 6-Spd AT SH-AWD w/ Technology Pkg, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent balance of luxury amenities and performance Under the radar great car Interior fit and feel Audio system Umber interior color
Cons: slight creak from flexing of center console plastics on rough roads
Overall review: Traded a 2007 MB 350 4matic for a SH-AWD Tech, black with umber interior. Dealer discounts and Acura financing made the deal even though I had doubts about the exterior styling. Previously owned a 2005 TL, but did not like the 2009 restyle. The 2012 refresh has grown on me and and I now find it elegant in its own way. Comparing the TL to the 350 is, apples to oranges, each is a very good vehicle in different ways. The Benz was a very solid and well-engineered car with a whisper quiet ride, but was lacking in road feel and driving excitement. The TL is more of a driver's car, great power and handling and corners on rails with SH-AWD. After 4,000 miles it is still a blast to drive, There are no doubt more powerful cars available, but frankly 305 hp packs plenty of punch when you hit the accelerator and delivers an enthusiastic and spirited driving experience. Unless you're heading to the track or intent on racing everything that you find on the road, how much more is needed?
Proud TL Owner by MattV from Wilson, NC on 09/21/2013. Trim: 2012 Acura TL 6-Spd AT w/ Advance Pkg, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The '12 Acura TL is a great driving vehicle. Its looks are a bit polarizing but I happen to really like them. Actually, the more I look at it, the more I like it. It definitely stands out in the crowd which appeals to me. The TL is powerful, relatively efficient, sharp looking, comfortable, feature-laden and refined. It's a real driver's car. The 6 speed automatic transmission is smooth and is very quick to downshift when the gas pedal is prodded, allowing the TL to make the most of its potent engine. The car handles very well and has a distinct sporty demeanor about it.
Cons: I wish it didn't require premium fuel but it's apparently normal for this class of vehicle as almost all of its competitors require premium too. I would appreciate a little bit more interior storage and a larger trunk. Would be nice if the rear seats folded down.
Overall review: This is my 3rd TL and 5th Acura, so needless to say I'm an Acura fan. I have owned an Integra and have also owned an '05 TL and an '07 TL with navigation. Just before purchasing my '12 TL Advance, I owned a TSX V6 Tech. The '12 TL Advance is by far my favorite Acura that I've owned up until now. The TL is an incredibly cool driving car and I am very delighted to own one. Didn't love the looks of the current generation TL initially but it has definitely grown on me and now I love the styling. I think it was ahead of its time stylistically speaking. I don't think I've ever been more enthused about owning a car as I am with my '12 TL Advance. To me, it just oozes cool. I love it! With all the hype about its styling, I receive more positive remarks about my '12 TL than any other car I've owned and the previous generation TLs were considered very handsome.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next