2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse

2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse Prices
2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse Fuel Economy
Goodbye Eclipse by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/04/2012. Trim: 2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Sport Spyder, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The Eclipse has more room than the Miata for a weekend getaway. Its more a cruse around car but I think still fun to drive. I get a nice car comment every time I'm out in it. I have a 2010 model and I just spent two thousand dollars for custom wheels and tires. I wouldn't have done that if I didn't like the car. Of course I would rather have a more expensive sports car but for the money its just fine. I don't think all the bad reviews the car has gotten are warranted. My friend has a Miata and his wife likes my Eclipse more. She won't even ride in his Miata!
Cons: Nothing!
Overall review: Even with all the bad reviews, I'm still happy with my Eclipse and I know I will have many good times with it.
Test Driver
2012 Mits Eclipse by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/12/2013. Trim: 2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS.
Pros: i have the 4cyl and I couldn't believe how quick this car is, yet it stops on a dime. I commute 60+miles a day and i look forward driving this car more and more. My wife and kids love it too. I am over 6foot tall so its basically a three seater as no one can sit behind me. THe stereo is top notch and control are perfectly placed.
Cons: none
Overall review: already stated
The pros offset the cons, and you cant beat the price. by Jorge N. from LA County on 10/15/2013. Trim: 2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Sport Spyder, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Even the Spyder GS version looks really nice (GT version is nicer). 18" rims come standard, of course you can always buy nicer rims. Great fuel economy. I enjoy driving with the top down, since it is Southern California. As good acceleration as you can expect from any 4 cylinder engine, especially for the weight. Great handling and at taking turns. Comfortable front seats. The price and fuel economy were also the selling points. Pretty good sound system. Obviously great visibility with the top down. The sound system also adjusts when the top is down to hear more comfortably without having to raise the volume.
Cons: There are a few: The backseat is pretty much useless, so look at this car as more of a two seater and not four. In the off chance you have people sit in the back, they have to be particularly small. I would recommend the Coupe/Hatchback to adequately carry 4 people. The trunk space as well is limited. Then again, I knew this when I dediced to buy a convertible. If you really want a convertible, and are willing to deal with the limited space, this is for you. Also, the subwoofer is located between both of the back seats, so that can be a little distracting. Limited visibility when the top is up, so you REALLY have to check your blind spots for small cars and motorcycles.
Overall review: Overall it is a great vehicle for a single person looking to take short to moderate trips around town or a few towns over. The longest I have take this is about 100 miles from the LA area to San Diego with absolutely no problems, with just two of us in the car. However, I wouldnt recommend four people. Great gas mileage to commute to and from work. You also cant beat the price.
I'd buy another (if I could) by Chickee on 10/10/2013. Trim: 2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT S;yder, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Daily commute 100 miles, decent gas mileage and acceleration, convertible makes every commute a little better. Heavy weight makes handling in bad weather a breeze.
Cons: Seats are not comfortable
Overall review: This is my second Eclipse convertible, 150k miles on the first one with only 1 small repair. 110k on this one so far and only on the second small repair. Dependable as long as well maintained and even with 100+k she still gets compliments on her looks
HAD BETTER by BATMAN on 09/16/2013. Trim: 2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT S;yder, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This car is alright, I've had better though. I had it in Need For Speed and it won 3 tournaments but now I just can't seem to win anything. The car also looks cool when you pull up to lights for a drag race in real life.
Cons: It's good for a little while, but in real life, it just doesn't seem to go fast enough anymore. Needs to be repaired too much.
Overall review: It's good if you don't mind spending a lot of money on it, if you want to stick to a budget, DON'T BUY THIS CAR.