2012 Volvo S60

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
City Safety is a "an accident waiting to happen" by Roger, on 04/11/2012. Trim: 2012 Volvo S60, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: AWD car with the turbocharged 6 provides get acceleration and no torque steer handling. Very supportive and comfortable seats.
Cons: City Safety. We have had problems with our car from delivery.. The City Safety brakes the car at low speed for no reason. We have been stopped by police asking us what we think we are doing slamming on our brakes!. My wife is so concerned about this she avoids driving and riding in this vehicle. We have rented theS60 in Europe and have had no problems but Volvo denies there is a problem with our car> if so, then why a "software upgrade" to supposedly deal with this problem? Owners cannot permamently turn City Saftey off and Volvo seems unwilling to do so. This "safety feature" is a safety hazzard and I would not buy this car again because of it.
Overall review: Very disappoiinting and frustrating experience, particularly dealing with Volvo North America with our City Safety problem. Despite over 25 activations of this "safety feature" in less than 15,000 miles of use Volvo says there is no problem> they why was a software amendment necessary? We have become aware that while that this is not a universal problem, many 2011 and 2012 S60's do have issues with City Safety braking the car at low speeds for no apparent reason. I would not buy this car again because of this problem.
Ciity Safety is Dangerous by A Squared on 10/16/2011. Trim: 2012 Volvo S60 T6 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Seats are amazing and the T6 AWD powertrain good. With a decent twin clutch transmission would say fabulous. Good warantee and maintenacne package.
Cons: City Safety feature that is continually braking our car (over 10 incidents in 6 thousand miles) as we enter parking garages and several times while driving in city traffice for no apparent reason. This sudden braking is very dangerous and Volvo is aware some cars are having this issue as evidenced by at least one software upgrade. Dealers in Europe confirm that they are having issues too. Voilvo denies there is a problem> let me assure you, there is. Premium Sound is very disappointing for the price.
Overall review: Good car except City Safety which is "an accident waiting to happen". Try explaining to the person that just rearended you that your car decided to slam on the brakes!
Satisfaction guaranteed by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/26/2012. Trim: 2012 Volvo S60 T5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Comfy seats, best I've ever had in a car. Smooth QUIET ride. Excellent acceleration for matching highway speeds on access ramps. Built-in blue-tooth and a USB outlet. The display for the radio (GPS if installed) is crystal clear. Maintenance package.
Cons: Passenger seatbelt rattles, just needs to be straightened after each use. There is a button to flip the rear headrests down, but you have to put them back up manually. Chrome exhaust tips should be standard.
Overall review: Absolutely love the car! It took me a.week without it, while on vacation and driving some other brand, to realize how great this car really is! I came from a fully equipped 2008 Camry XLE to a base S60. I've got a lot more car with the Volvo. I don't have leather seats, and quite frankly, I don't miss them. With the cloth seats, I don't need seat warmers for the winter, and my skin doesn't get fried in the summer. Other peoples complaints: City Safety- you have the option to turn it off. Fog light burnt out- I thought the same thing, but found out that there is only ONE rear fog light on a Volvo. Navigation system is hard to use-Why spend all that money when you can get an easy to use Garmin (or any other brand) for A LOT less.
Enthusiast
Excellent Vehicle by easydog on 05/28/2012. Trim: 2012 Volvo S60.
Pros: I temper my comments since I have owned the vehicle only for a week ... but I like the handling, styling, comfort and quality feel of the vehicle. I am 6' 2" and have ample room and thus far, have no complaints.
Cons: Nothing at this point..............
Overall review: I would recommend this vehicle but feel i may have a more detailed review a few months from now.
250HP Turbo fast and safe by denise808 on 03/23/2012. Trim: 2012 Volvo S60 T5, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It's a volvo with power, style and still keeps it's safety reputation. We did the oversees program from honolulu, hawaii. we drove from gothenberg, sweden through denmark to germany and on the autobahn. what an awesome experience with YOUR car. it performed beautifully. it was rainy the entire time we were there, yet this car can handle! we use to be loyal honda owners. now we LOVE our new volvo. we added the 18" wheels, spoiler, leather interior and sunroof. You can tell when the turbo kicks in. fast, yet stable and safe.
Cons: it's heavier in weight, because of the steel bars in the doors and front. so it does take a while to adjust. there are a lot of extra fancy features and not sure that i would use them all.
Overall review: spend the extra and get the 18" wheels. consider the overseas delivery. makes a difference when you experience where this car was made and how they do it. you get the tour of the factory. you understand why volvos are buildt for safety. they are extremly accurate in building their vehicles. we've been to the honda factory in ohio and have seen how honda builds their cars. so we were loyal honda owners. but once you experience a european car....you'll never go back to anything else.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next