2011 Toyota Matrix

1.8 Fuel miser-not perfect, but good value. by Larry on 02/27/2012. Trim: 2011 Toyota Matrix Base 4-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great fuel economy on the 1.8L engine, lots of cargo room, easy to flip the seats down, less frequent required maintenance due to synthetic oil, etc. 4 wheel disc brakes, great handling on corners. Good controls. Deep speedometer gauge prevents my wife from seeing how fast I'm going :) Great base package w/ AC, power mirrors.
Cons: Rear visibility is obscured when reversing out of a parking space. 1.8L engine NOT recommended for any kind of towing. Back seat space tight for adult legs. Lots of electronic controlled components, which provide great features but may bring trouble down the line as the vehicle ages. Pitted dashboard takes extra effort to clean. Wheel covers on steel rims made crackling sound when driving, so I removed them.
Overall review: These are my personal experiences with the car, but overall I really like it. I had a Honda CRV before, so I'm kinda spoiled...
NEW 2011 TOYOTA MATRIX S AWD "MACHINE" by FIJIMAN on 09/03/2011. Trim: 2011 Toyota Matrix S AWD 4-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: HANDLING POWER INTERIOR SLEEK LINES GREAT STORAGE ROOM EVERYTHING REACHABLE FRONT SEATS TO INTERIOR CONSOLE.
Cons: NOT FAST ENOUGH???
Overall review: GREAT SMALL CAR WAGON/HATCH GOOD GAS MILEAGE INTERIOR EXTERIOR GREAT VEHICLE LIGHTING