1990 Isuzu Trooper

1990 Isuzu Trooper pictures are not available
1990 Isuzu Trooper Prices
1990 Isuzu Trooper Fuel Economy
The Last SUV That Still Feels Like a Truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/04/2005. Trim: 1990 Isuzu Trooper LS, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Clearance, reliability, good breaking, no-nonsense interior. Rides like a truck.
Cons: Lightweight bumpers and tendency for water to condense inside headlight housing.
Overall review: Great for what it was intended to be, a very flexible, reliable utilitarian 4 wheel drive. I've loved mine so much that I'm going to rebuild the motor and drive it another 100,000 miles.
I loves my truck, LOVES my truck by RandyAM from Victoria on 09/01/2009. Trim: 1990 Isuzu Trooper LS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This thing is unbreakable! I have driven it with 3 blown hoses and a blown water pump, and i did no damage to the motor. I had somebody syphon 2 liters of oil from my oil pan, and drove it unknowingly for a week, and still no problems. My truck always starts (sometime si have to fight with it) and she hasnt failed me yet for whatever distamce we want to go, whether it be paved road, or the mud and dirt.
Cons: 120hp V6 motor is a bit underpowered. I have recently been looking for a small block chevy 350, due to the fact, little to no mods are needed (motor mounts, sensors etc) Also, with the tiny motor, the gas milage is kinda sucky. Also, due to Isuzu pulling out of north america, parts are scarse. Also, due to the fact in over 6 feet tall, i have found out, this truck is NOT meant for tall people....but i still love it.
Overall review: I love this truck. There is NOTHING this truck can't handle. Fun to drive, lots of room in the back for camping or moving friends stuff, and still room to spare. I will keep this truck until i blow it up or write it off.
Isuzu Joe made a darned fine truck! by Chrischad in Denver on 03/14/2009. Trim: 1990 Isuzu Trooper S, Owned 9 years.
Pros: This thing handles great off road even stock, Super ridiculously reliable. 235k miles on it, I've owed it for about 100k and 8 years, only had to replace the fuel pump. it's one of the last real SUVs around, no leather, no cup holders, just a basic, comfortable, roomy beast. About 3 years ago I was looking to replace it with something newer and "nicer" Ended up buying my wife a new car instead because there was nothing that was even close. Great gas mileage for an SUV of this size and capability. Can tow a camper and a stump out of the ground while getting 25MPG.
Cons: Little under powered, but I have the 4Cyl (Although I've heard that the 6cyl is a little less reliable, but I might be wrong)
Overall review: When I got the car I thought it would be a fun, cheap truck for a couple of years until it died so I started replacing parts with the cheapest I could find (Shocks and brakes and the such) That was mistake, 9 years later the cheap replacement shocks and brakes are worn out, but the old troopster is still going strong. I will probably be teaching my kids to drive in this thing, and they aren't even conceived yet. I am fiercely loyal to this thing and will bite and snarl if someone tries to take it away from me. Get an old trooper, do it now.
Tough as nails and can't kill it by Jon from NC on 01/14/2007. Trim: 1990 Isuzu Trooper S, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Typical Japanese quality. Will run forever. Decent gas mileage. Ice-Cold air conditioning! Lots of room!
Cons: Too bare-boned. Dated styling. Interior styling is worse. Despite good gas mileage, 2.6 engine is too underpowered to haul the weight of this 4x4 vehicle.
Overall review: Excellent quality vehicle, has 168k miles on it and still runs strong. Goes anywhere in 4 wheel drive!
I Love It! by dog box driver on 02/13/2005. Trim: 1990 Isuzu Trooper S, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Nice simple truck, very dependable and roomy, hauls lots of stuff, no excessive styling with macho fender flares and overly-dramatic bulges and flares.
Cons: The worst thing is that Isuzu no longer makes this body style, it got all gussied up. The drivers seat gets a tear on the left side of almost every single one of these vehicles.
Overall review: I love mine so much I am going to buy another one to keep under wraps until the current one can't go any further which should be about another 10 years or so.