2012 Ford Focus

Awesome little sports sedan. by Jonathan from Orlando on 03/24/2012. Trim: 2012 Ford Focus SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Quick, responsive, sporty feel, while maintains excellent fuel economy. Fit and Finish well done, and Microsoft Sync system is amazing. Have had numerous compliments on the car. Very impressive redesign. Even has adequate space for 4 adults to travel around town comfortably.
Cons: None so far.
Overall review: Definitely recommend this car. Has more than adequate performance, great economy, great style, and handles like a much higher dollar sports sedan. Ford has done an excellent job with their line up, none of their vehicles use cheap feeling parts, instead they have opted to trim their cars for durability, and added a touch of class rarely seen in a small car until you get to the luxury brands.
Ford Got it Right. by Rosenut from NW Indiana on 10/06/2011. Trim: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Hatch, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Equiped with features normally found only on more expensive cars. Fit and finish excellent Averaging 33.5mpg city 39mpg highway. Comfortable Handling excellent Holds road well. Sync and Ford My Touch allows one to keep hands on wheel.
Cons: No dislikes.
Overall review: 10.0
dont buy by bigdog on 04/15/2012. Trim: 2012 Ford Focus SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: exterior and interior style looks good. seats are very comfortable.selectshift automatic trans helpful. trunk size is good for my needs. I have basic climate control, heating and cooling works well.Sync system works very well.
Cons: double clutch transmission terrable in my model- Torque Vectoring Control combined with electric steering makes steering at high speed dangerous -poor windshield design where wind shield meets posts. Ice builds up and makes the wipers solid with buildup. nowhere for the snow and ice to go.
Overall review: this is a company car for me, one person driver.we always buy ford at our company. we love ford but I am disapointed with this car.I cannot recommend this car to anyone. when you drive as much as I do there are times you drive the car and other times you want to relax and let the car drive you. In the city I have little confidance in the double clutch transmission responding properly in most intersections, seems different each time.on the highway there is a steering drift coming out of a turn when you adjust to it there is a slight dead feel of the wheel then, back and forth you can go like you would be driving on ice, worse on concrete.At 500 miles I brought back to Ford said transmission typical of this car checked sway bars ok.at 8000 miles better news, I must not be alone they ordered parts for steering and had new software for transmission response. the work not done yet.valve cover gasket already had to be replaced
First Ford And My Last Ford! by Dan on 07/12/2012. Trim: 2012 Ford Focus SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The Focus is a nice looking car and fairly comfortable on long trips. The gas mileage exceeds its rating.
Cons: At less than 7000 miles the Focus has developed front suspension noises. The transmission shudders on acceleration, the idle misuses and is occasionally rough. And finally the trunk lid is way out of alignment. Ford quality, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! What quality, Ford should be ashamed. The Ford Focus is not at all what its hype says it is and Ford is less than willing to deal with those who have early production units with a lot of problems. This is my first and my LAST Ford!!!!!
Overall review: Don't waste your money. Buy something made by nonunion labor! Union labor = poor quality!!!!!!!!
Good car for the price by Agustin from Laredo,Texas on 03/26/2012. Trim: 2012 Ford Focus SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I got the car in January 2012...does not feel like an economy car...good gas mileage; .....a/c is great; .....handling is very good; has a very peppy engine for low horsepower and torque; keeps up with merging traffice rather well; only problem is the automatic transmission...the cabin is quite and very little wind and road noise filter in..........info system takes a little while to figure it out, but once you do, it is a good one.......
Cons: I should have taken the advise of "Car and Driver" and "Motor Trend" magazines reference the auto transmission and bought my car with the 6-sp manual transmission; on my automatic transmission the shifts are sometimes very hard; sometimes it does not shift until you take off your foot from the accelerator; sometimes it seems like it is hunting for the next gear; have taken it to my local Ford Dealer but to no avail; at the moment there is no cure for what ails my transmission; my concern is why Ford put out the car without doing a 100% test on their double clutch or Power dual Clutch auto transmission? I don't think I got a lemon.....
Overall review: if it were not for the dual clutch auto transmission, I would rate this car a perfect "10"....