2011 BMW X3

BMW X3 is a winner! by John on 09/09/2011. Trim: 2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: We bought the technology package and the navigation package. WE also have the rear camera and front and rear sensors. The moon roof is a fine option. The car gives about 26 mpg so far. It is fun to drive. Has a quiet and comfortable ride. The sound system is outstanding. We also love the white/black interior and the ocean blue is a very prettty color. Best of all is the ease that my wife can get in and out as she has difficulty with most vehicles. Also like the bluetooth which allows phone calls through the cars sound system. I think we have made a terrific choice.
Cons: So far we can find nothing we do not like.
Overall review: The overall evaluation has to be outstanding. The size, the shape, the design, the BMW quality and the dealer suppport system are the tops of any car we have bought.
Good mountain SUV by John on 04/08/2013. Trim: 2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I compared it to all SUV's in the same size catagory and it came out the best for my needs. I live in an urban setting in Colorado and have found that I get much better fuel econmy than advertised. It also has no problem navigating the 12,000' passes on the roads in Colorado. I'd recommend to anyone wanting one to order it and wait the 4-7 weeks to get exactly what they want. That way you aren't getting what the Dealer thinks you want, which is what makes the Dealer the most money. I was more interested in safety than the 'bells & whistles' options. Also if you order it you get more choices on exterior color and interior leather than is available to the Dealer for sale.
Cons: Nothing to dislike.
Overall review: Excellent auto. The interior is well thought out and it is a comfortable car for trips though a bit tight in the back seat for three adults.
One Incredible Vehicle!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/14/2011. Trim: 2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything! BMW did a great job making over this vehicle from the X3's of old.
Cons: There is nothing not to like - drive one and see for yourself!
Overall review: Got ours fully loaded with every option and package - the ride is smooth and transmission is awesome. This is an incredible vehicle. We were looking for a mid-sized SUV and this has everything and more than we could have asked for. The engineering and design that was put into this X3 has us hooked - we are now and forever BMW owners!
Great small/compact SUV by Fitmaster on 07/10/2011. Trim: 2011 BMW X3 xDrive35i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love the twin power turbo. This SAV can almost out run our M6. The Heads Up display is a must have option along with the BMW apps. Nice having the internet on the screen without a cell phone on board.
Cons: The black bumpers takes away from the styling. Had them painted, looks much better now. The vehicle was pulling to the right when delivered, but the dealer fixed it with wheel balancing and an alignment. Pricey options.
Overall review: I would certainly recommend this vehicle. The gas mileage is good, the performance is great seats 5 comfortably.
Lemon by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/27/2011. Trim: 2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The interior is nice and comfortable.
Cons: I have owned the vehicle less than two weeks. The gears are not shifting well and the car sticks between first and second gear. This has been documented in other X3s and although this is supposed to be a new engine, it is not performing well. If you really want to use this vehicle on trails or off-road, look elsewhere.
Overall review: So far BMW North America has told me that the car is supposed to drive like this, with hesitations and lack of acceleration. The dealership thankfully has disagreed and is trying to fix it, but so far it persists. I feel like I got ripped off...almost $50k out the door and the darn thing doesn't run well.