2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

The Ultimate Beast by New Jersey owner on 02/16/2012. Trim: 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 MT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Handling EXCELLENT, great acceleration, great braking! Nice trim and seating, a change from the FJ40 I owned a 1978 miss the 2 heaters, people in rear complain they are cold (i say wear more layers). This thing will climb a tree! Hope I get the same life from this one as my 78. Have owned it since September 2011.
Cons: NO ashtry or lighter YES there still are smokers, non smokers normally use ashtrays for change so why no ashtry & lighter? The cup holder ashtray is a safety hazard because you HAVE TO TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE ROAD TO FIND IT, at night no light to see where it is. The 2011 has many safety issues with blind spot the FJ40, 1978 had the wrap around windows but the middle rear windows did NOT hinder your sight. and the A pillers are too wide and also hinder sight you have to be VERY cautious of these blind spots. Mine has the rear view camera that should be relocated so the eleiments do not hinder its useie rain snow can block the camera.
Overall review: I LOVE this BEAST
An excellent car by FJ driver from Northridge on 07/19/2011. Trim: 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handsome rugged looks, capable off road, reasonably comfortable on road
Cons: Cheap interior plastic, no factory navigation option. I wish seats had lumbar support. You call those bumpers?
Overall review: Overall I am very pleased with FJ
2011 FJ Auto Review by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/09/2011. Trim: 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great ride, good MPG, sharp styling, good towing cap
Cons: None, there is nothing to dislike about this SUV..
Overall review: Two thumbs up...
a great stock 4X4 by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/30/2011. Trim: 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love my all terrain beast, this is why I bought it, is to have a 4X4 utility vehicle. I used to own an old Jeep Cherokee Sport and while the 4 wheel drive busted and the AC went out after a while I really still did like that thing, or more so the (utilicle vehicle) part of it. You know the FJ Cruiser is a nice truck, but you really dont understand the FJs meaning or value untill either the weather gets rough, or you take it off road. If you dont plan on using it for such, your missing alot. Its when there is a 2 foot snow storm and your the 1st one out WITH EASE, you put it in 2 gear 4x4 and you can go up ANYTHING no matter how steep,
Cons: Needs more power plugs inside. One does not do it
Overall review: I have pulled out tow trucks, snow plows and other 4x4s, I have given people rides during snow storms and they always say, something like OMG withing the 1st block. If your going to get the FJ Cruiser, get the 4X4 with some off road options, a-trac, locking dif lock, and so on. Your going to want to buy the FJ if your looking for a serious 4X4 that can still play nice on the road, its still comfortable, I have driven it from Detroit to Milwaukee with about 500 pounds of gear and got 20.65 MPG going 70 to 75, same thing when I went to Detroit to Grand Rapids, 20.65 MPG going 65 to 70. around town I average 18 or so and I am light on the pedal and again I carry an extra 500 pounds of gear in back but I am not in heavy traffic that much. I have about 9800 miles so in 200 miles I go for my first oil change, yes, its every 10,000 miles synthetic oil. I do have a guy up the street with over 100,000 on his FJ and he has had zero problems, so thats a good thing
Coolest SUV on the Planet by Becky Sims on 05/19/2011. Trim: 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My FJ is so much fun. It easily went through snow and ice this winter. Some complain about visibility but I have the back up camera plus the mirrors do a fine job. I love the look and have no trouble taking three friends out for dinner in the FJ. I can't wait to tackle some mountain roads.
Cons: I suppose in the days of $4.00 gas the gas mileage could be better.
Overall review: I love it and would recommend it to anyone looking for this type of vehicle. I'd buy another one in a nano second.