2011 Hyundai Elantra

2011 Hyundai Elantra Prices
2011 Hyundai Elantra Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Deceitful advertising by Hyundai by Earthbound on 03/26/2011. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS A/T, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great handling, very stylish and surprisingly spacious for such a small car!
Cons: mpg far less than advertised. What were they thinking?!!! 29/40? Yeh, right! Shame on you Hyundai for false advertising!
Overall review: When I first heard that the 2011 Elantra gets 29/40 mpg, I was quite pleased. After test driving the 2011 Civic,Corolla and Elantra, I decided to go with the Elantra. Although I really liked the tight handling of the Elantra (it drives like a German car), the stylishness and the great features of the interior, what ultimately sold me on the Elantra was the advertised 29/40 mpg. I have now driven three tanks of gas, averaging only 31 to 32 mpg with 90% freeway driving (60-65 mph) and 10% city driving. Eventhough, it is a lot better than the 2007 Buick Lucern I traded in (20-21 mpg), I am hugely disappointed. I am very easy on the gas and use the cruise control as much as possible, but to me, the discrepancy in mpg is huge. At best, I get 34 mpg on the freeway and 24 or so in the city. I feel cheated and lied to, although I still really like everything else about this car. I guess I am just so perplexed as to how in the world these car manufacturers can get away with such bold-face lies!
Best to avoid Hyundai by Dave in Michigan on 04/04/2012. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS A/T, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The car does look good and on the expressway it will ride pretty well. When shopping, this car showed much better acceleration over the Chevy Cruze. The Cruze would wait before it decided to go. The Elantra didn't. It fits 4 adults fairly comfortably. I've only had that many on short trips (lunch trips). Mine is the basic model with additional feature such as the bluetooth phone and steering wheel controls which are handy.
Cons: The phone controls are located where it is easy for me to accidently hang up. I find the sound system to be weak. I have to have the volume at max. The seats are hard and get very uncomfortable on longer trips. My biggest problem isn Hyundai themselves. I live in Michigan. The sales people state that you only need to get the oil changed and car inspected every 7,500 miles. This affects your warrenty. After your first oil change, the service people tell you that you need to do it every 3,000 miles because you live in Michigan (noting extreme cold and salt is used on the roads). (Since you didn't get your oil changed within the first 3,000 miles, they CAN claim your warrenty is void.)
Overall review: The car is okay, but not worth dealing with Hyundai. In the CONS I've only sited one example. I've been told different stories on other things, too, such as their trade-in guarentee.
Solid and Reliable Mid 30's Comfortable Car by Cheepcars4All on 02/05/2012. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS A/T, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I really like ability to see outside the vehicle. I really like looks; fit and finish on my car was super (red!) This car has the most bells-and-whistles of any car I've ever owned. The 4 disk brake system has plenty of whoa power. Stock AM/FM/Sat radio and Speaker system sounds really good. The flat-fix solution works as advertised.
Cons: Forward thrust takes about forever to get to highway speed. But it doesn't take forever for it to get to street speed though. The programming for the e-transmission for 4th gear could stand some tweaking. The display about completely washes out when I put my driving / sun glasses on. Oh, the only time my trip-meter Avg MGP EVER hits 40 mpg is when I fill up the tank and not zero out that function. On the spread-sheet, this car only has made it to 36.25. I have to speculate if this is due to 70 mph speed limit in this state. Oh, I REALLY don't like no spare tire (of any size / type)! Flat-fix solution is right-d_-pricey.
Overall review: Having had and driven daily my '11 Elantra since mid-April, it's proven to be, so far, a rock-solid, reliable car to get me to and from work / church and occasional dog hauler. On city streets, eng/trans combo provides quick and lively response for a car of its size and weight but, don't go to the stop-light-drags; but said combo takes almost forever to get to 70... but it takes less time than my memory supplies for when I had an '88 Excel w/ 5MT. Almost all of my driving is highway driving with no more than 7 miles to the highway part of my commute. The promised 40 MPG on the window sticker has yet to raise its triumphant head and that, basically, kept this review from 5/5.
I am pleased that I decided to purchase it. by Bonnie on 01/09/2012. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The car handles well. The warranty is suburb.
Overall review: I love this car!
great car by lockone from modesto on 12/21/2011. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: gas mileage is awsome
Cons: the suspension needs beefing up
Overall review: this car is very economical
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next