2011 Honda Element

Micro-Machine by Conor from Pittsburgh on 04/30/2012. Trim: 2011 Honda Element EX 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The only thing this vehicle has cost me are gas (20city /28 hwy) and oil changes. Realtime 4WD. Stain resistant / Water repellent seats. Braking. Drives better with weight in the car. SPACE...unlike ALL if it's competitors.
Cons: Large blind spots at your 10 and 2 o'clock -- and more depending on if the seats are put up against the sides. Poor gear ratio (car likes to hover in high RPM instead of shifting). SLOW compared to other cars I have had/driven especially when climbing hills. The floor is slick when it is wet and items that are not tied down tend to slide around during transport. The plastic panels scratch easy. Seats are comfortable for short trips but don't support the lower back on long trips (probably because the steering wheel isn't telescopic).
Overall review: This is my first SUV and I love it! Honda truly made a vehicle in its own category: it's like a jeep, a truck and a van all in one. The Element is perfect for my active lifestyle. It is easy to park and has a small turning radius. The lack of carpet makes cleaning up spills and mud a breeze. The seats ability to fold up against the sides or be completely removed (which is slightly awkward and can be considered heavy to some people) is one of the best features because it allows you to convert the vehicle into a covered truck with an approximate 3.5ftX5ft bed great for transporting various sized objects. The tie down points are an added bonus. The suicide doors and clam shell rear hatch/tailgate are great for loading things, however, even though I don't have kids I can imagine that it might be complicated getting them in and out of their car seats -- especially infants. Braking is awesome. If you have to slam them then the car feels like it stops from the back instead of nose diving.
Great Little Vehicle by Monty-Boise, ID on 08/13/2011. Trim: 2011 Honda Element EX 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything. It's the most versatile vehicle made. Excellent access because of the suicide doors. Perfect driving position with great views. I test drove all the competitors models. The Kia and the Scion XB are meant for kids. The Nissan model Rogue & Cube are to wierd looking. Ford escape was not bad, could use and update. It was my third choice. Chevy's Equinox's door handle felt like it was going to break off when I opened the door. My second choice the Subaru Forester was a bit thin on metal I felt. The interior of all the vehicles were fairly cheap. The Element handles and drives well. It is more substancial then the others.Better made. It is my fourth Honda. Highly recommended from me.
Cons: The discontinuing of a great design. Its boxy but very well thought out. I dislike Consumer Reports review. I don't think they actually ever drove one.
Overall review: Out of my fourth Honda. Three Civics and this Element. I think the Element is best so far. I don't have to twist my back up for access. I love the design. Very roomy interior. It will last many years as Honda's do.
The Ultimate Ute by Matt on 08/16/2011. Trim: 2011 Honda Element EX 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The most versatile Ute there is, wish Honda would re-think discontinuing this useful vehicle. I tow a tent trailer, and enjoy taking it everwhere. the 4wd is great to have, I am getting 28 mpg with mine, it called for less when I bought it, but I broke it in slow. Great vehicle for kayaks, mt bike, camping you name it, my element can do it. The dog likes it, and i can haul alot of cargo in it. Drove a v8 4x4 before, large difference, but this one does everything. People think it looks odd, but once you ride in it or drive it it will change your mind. Great Job Honda, Im a professional and instead of a truck or sedan I choose the Element, cant wait to take it skiing and towin' my sled.
Cons: Nothing, usually I find something, nothing.
Overall review: Best All around vehicle I have ever owned, does everything, and takes me out for Sushi.
The Mechanical Progenitor of a New Generation of Vehicles by Owner in Las Vegas, NV on 05/15/2012. Trim: 2011 Honda Element LX 2WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The SUV holds a lot of items of many shapes and sizes, including a 42" plasma TV right behind the front seats for a mini-move. The door openings allow one to fit all types of items into the cargo area. The seats can be removed. A lot of pep on the low end. Large front window. Good seating position. Smooth ride on the highway. Dogs like the room in the back with the rear seats up. Easy to clean. Easy to get into and out of for the driver and front passenger.
Cons: A bit slow on the high end. Some of the plastic has extra amounts of residue from the mold. Third and fourth passenger ingress and egress a bit difficult due to the suicide rear door configuration. Will only seat four. Some blind spots. The ride is generally smooth, but can be choppy due to the short wheelbase.
Overall review: I bought this new at the end of January 2011. A very good SUV. It has Honda engineering. Very reliable. It feels safe, but it does have a high profile. Overall, a good buy. They evidently last a long time as well.
the "new" hippy mobile by Dave on 12/19/2011. Trim: 2011 Honda Element LX 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have 3 dogs and 2 grandchildren and I am an electrician this is the best vehicle I have ever owned it works for me I don't work for it.
Cons: I have owned it for 8 months I can't find anything yet I really love it
Overall review: it's a really great practical auto if you own you will see