2011 Saab 9-5

2011 Saab 9-5 Prices
2011 Saab 9-5 Fuel Economy
Great Car! by Ducman53 on 12/26/2011. Trim: 2011 Saab 9-5 Turbo4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I own the Bio Power six speed manual version. I also have the panoramic sun roof which was not supposed to come with the base manual, but I stumbled onto this vehicle and after a thorough test drive traded in my Audi s4 for this car. Hirsch makes a software upgrade for this particular car so down the road I will be able to add 40 BHP adding to this car's already engaging drive. It has been terrific to drive either around town or out on the highway. Everything is logically laid out. Great drive! Quick. Handles great! Comfortable! Long range with large tank, regular fuel, and great gas mileage! Although Hirsch upgrade will require switch to premium fuel.
Cons: No spare tire! Although one can be ordered and there is a space for it unlike the run-flat cars and their corresponding lack of trunk space for a spare. The automatic display lighting is too sensitive to exterior lighting and makes the light switch between high and low too frequently especially when traveling under tree canopies. There should be a defeat setting for this. Rear visability can be an issue as can side vision due to width of "B" pillars. Not impossible but takes some getting used to.
Overall review: Even though Saab has filed for bankruptcy I really am not all that concerned. At least I have a great car that I will enjoy every day and won't see one coming the other way all that often. And, I intend to keep this and my other Saab for many more years. Warranties and parts will need to be sorted out, but my Saabs should still be good for another 10+ years and then become even rarer. I've owned many high line cars in the past, many that were very highly regarded by the automotive press, only to sell them within 6-12 months because they were very over-rated in my opinion. Those companies are still in business but I doubt I would ever own another of their respective offerings.
Perfect! by Kemper on 10/13/2012. Trim: 2011 Saab 9-5 Turbo6 XWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything! The acceleration is incredible, the gas mileage is great, the look, feel, controls is just top notch. This is truly the best car I have ever owned or been in. This includes Lexus. Saab finally got it; perfect.
Cons: Nothing!
Overall review: I would buy this car again and again.
9-5 Turbo 6, XWD - the perfect Saab! by Bill, Black Rock, CT on 06/08/2012. Trim: 2011 Saab 9-5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything. Love the spaceship looks, the open, airy feel of the interior, the handling, acceleration and performance for a car this large is fantastic. I have the V6 Turbo XWD and can't wait for the winter weather.
Cons: Blind spots galore; no backup camera, just sensors with beeps, very surprising in a car that listed for over $52k!
Overall review: very pleased with the car since I purchased it back in March 2012. Was brand new (22 miles) and had been sitting on the dealer lot. Had to get the brake rotors fixed upon delivery but otherwise has been an absolute pleasure to own & drive. Buying at 50% off MSRP certainly didn't hurt (the dealer was going out of business and liqudating the inventory as fast as possible) and I have a 25 year master service tech in my town which makes service/repairs easy. The NAV/radio/phone works fantastic and at night with the Xenons, the car lights the road like no other I've ever seen. Love it.
High Five for the 9-5 by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/20/2013. Trim: 2011 Saab 9-5, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I've had BMW's, Mercedes E Class, Lexus, Jaguar, etc. This car is as comparable as any one of the ones mentioned, and in fact because of the price paid, it's a far better investment. It's great on gas and runs on regular. Even got a GM 48 month warranty. The body style gets lots of unsolicited attention, .Although the interior could have been upgraded somewhat, but again for $26,000 including the Technology Package, I still feel that it's a real deal for such a quality car.
Cons: Interior could have more wood trim, etc.
Overall review: Great car so far.
Executive, ultimate, monster ride for 24k by Vlad the impailer New Hampshire on 12/23/2012. Trim: 2011 Saab 9-5 Turbo4 Premium, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I've bought this car at 20k discount for 24.260, and would not swap it for C-class Benz, or 3 series BMW or Audi A4, even though they cost 20k more than my ride. Unique, beautiful car with plenty of power to take it anywhere you want. It has all creature comfort options, that are standard. Remote start, heated leather seats, huge interior, power everything, including me when behind the wheel. I've owned Mercedes Benz C-240, 2002 model, paid 10K more for much smaller, less powerful, and 1/2 of the Saab options. Would not look the other way again.
Cons: There are no cons. Zip. Nada.
Overall review: Grrrrrrrrreat car at even better price