2011 Subaru Forester

Unlucky!!!! by Roadduck, Estes Park, Co on 12/23/2011. Trim: 2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This Vehicle rides as smooth as a CTS, best ride in a SUV that I have ever encountered. Handles very well on ice and snow with the right tires. Since we live in the Colorado mountains the feeling of driving safely is a major asset for this vehicle.
Cons: The passenger seat is too low and non adjustable, very uncomfortable for long trips as a passenger. Blue tooth phone is very difficult to program and is a non use item. Sound system sounds like an old boom box of yester year. Our Forester now has 3,500 miles on the od, it has been in the shop for 21 days, having the cylinder head, intake camshaft, intake valves and rocker arm pivots replaced. These items come from Japan, so long delay since their weather problems. Really took the fun out of buying a new vehcile for the wife. We will be trading this vehicle the day it leaves the dealership.
Overall review: We have friends and family that drive Outbacks, Foresters, and the Impreza and have had no real problems with their vehicles. Other than the low passenger seat (which would have been a deal breaker if we had known) the forester is a great little car that the wife loves. Much sportier than the outback she is driving while awaiting repairs. Guess we were just unlucky in the purchase of this particular vehicle. Don't know if the folks at the dealership can put the car back together without having further problems down the road. So goodbye little forester:
Forester- High Quality & Excellent Fine Performer SUV by Jim- Fairfax Va on 07/03/2011. Trim: 2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My first Subaru after the first month: Superb high-tech precision machine. The transmission incredibly smooth and Boxer engine so quiet!. Boasts 21 mpg city, 27mpg Hwy. I get 26.7 combined and have not yet taken it on a 100% highway which is likely to get 27-30+mpg. The ride is so incredibly smooth, it soaks ups all the bumps. The Subaru dealer, Farrish of Fairfax treats you like family. I highly recommend trying the buying service truecar dot com which puts YOU in control of the dealer/deal you select. I was amazed in Summer 2011 to find I could do FAR better purchasing a new car deal than used.
Cons: Suprised there is no rear hatch door lid release in the car- only on the fob. Ocassionally, it does not access from ignition. No REAL coin tray, just a flat console tray (NOT shaped to hold coins.). No rear hatch key slot. (Better not damage that fob! ) For a Premium model, I would expect side mirrow turn signals indicators. Come on, even the latest economy cars have this as a std safety feature; but that's a nit-pick. Lastle, even a new Outback owner agreed that intermittently, the car alarm will go off when accessing the drivers door with owner key. It is so very seldom however. I am a real car buff, driven many, and this SUV is a real find which WILL last 15+ years with good care.
Overall review: I am a real car buff, driven many, and this SUV is a real find which WILL last 15+ years with good care. I have taken diligent time for car research all makes and models of SUV (Consumer Reports etc), to find the Subaru 2011 Forester a definate good buy,good value, delightful high-quality machine. I am so very pleased with this purchase.
Great Value Small SUV by Bill Lunburgh Iowa on 06/23/2011. Trim: 2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My first Subaru, looked at other small SUV's great value for AWD comparables. Have only 3K miles so far but already getting just over 25 MPG in mixed driving. Very smooth engine, comfortable, love the HD radio, bluetooth, IPOD and USB integration, good balance of tech available but easy to use. Surprising amount of interior space for size of vehicle. Great visibility, strong handling, have driven off road once performed well, can't wait for the snow. Read complaints about transmission but 4 speed works well and boxer engine with high torque does not need to work through a bunch of gears to get the job done.
Cons: Bluetooth voice recon. not always good. Would like push button start are at least a folding key. Can be a little noisy at higher speeds but not bad, local dealer was a pain during the purchase process, not at all fitting with the corporate image that Subaru is working hard to portray.
Overall review: Great vehicle.
Scoobie Do! by Joe from Michigan on 04/19/2011. Trim: 2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Style, handling, performance, quality and economy are all top drawer. Originally wanted the Outback, but the Forester was $100 less per month for a 36 month lease. Great value, pearl metalic color is beautiful. Handles great in the snow. Great visibility, gives a safe and secure feeling. Buy it, you'll like it! The new engine in the 2011 model is an improvement, timing belt now uses a chain. Pulls strong for a 4 cylinder engine.
Cons: Could be a little quieter on the highway, could use a six speed auto., 6 disc CD, and heated/telescoping steering wheel. My wish list.
Overall review: Good value for the money. Make sure you get the winter package in colder areas, the heated seats, mirrors and wipers are great. Our Scoobie is hard to beat.
Review ID: #552062 Is this review offensive?
GREAT AWD ! by GARSCAR1982 on 12/03/2011. Trim: 2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is my second Forester in two years. My 2010 took on a pick-up truck, when a driver pulled out in front of me and I hit her a 45 mph. I didn't feel a thing. The car took the beating and I was able to step right out of the car and assist the other driver. That's safety! This car like the other, drives like it's on rails. Best car i've ever had, and I have had a bunch!
Cons: I liked the radio better in my 2010. It did have a 6 -CD player.
Overall review: There's something about that rear hatch, opening straight up. You have to have clearance to get in it. My 2002 Suzuki Grand Vatera opens sideways and I like that better. Never had a problem with it either.