2011 Mitsubishi Outlander

Snow bird by Mitzi from Minnesota on 01/25/2012. Trim: 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SE AWC, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Easy car to drive- never stuck in snow with the AWD!! But nice to be able to keep in 2WD for unbelievable mileage!
Cons: I never use the key- because you don't have to. It's always in my purse. But when I open the back it has a continuous beep that i still haven't figured out(and I'm not crazy about it). I wish I had remote to open the back for my hockey player sons and their equipment.
Overall review: Love this vehicle!! I had a 2002 Mazda MPV minivan(that my 16 year old drives now) and I loved that minivan more than any other in my life...until now!
awesome family vehicle by tggasser from columbia on 05/18/2011. Trim: 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: very attractive vehicle great gas milage, love paddle shift seats 7 fairly comfortable
Cons: would benefit from dual front & rear air conditioning
Overall review: great family vehicle with good comfort & great economy
Don't overlook the Outlander by Wes, San Antonio on 03/17/2011. Trim: 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The Outlander has surprising headroom and I love how the driver seat can be lowered. Additionally, the back seat has great leg room as well. I also have the variable transmission with the 4 cyl engine and even though in automatic it appears to be a little slower to accelerate, once I use the manual option, acceleration is a breeze. This option is great when I need to accelerate quickly such as onto the highway. Lastly the vehicle feels smooth to operate and it has an excellent turning radius. Awesome mileage, and a full tank can take me 300 miles plus with just city driving before I need to refuel.
Cons: Slow acceleration while in automatic mode, but this is mitigated by the manual option. Really no complaints
Overall review: This is my first foreign made vehicle ever and I have been a strict American car guy. As a 6ft tall man it can be difficult to find something with the headroom I need. Since mostly large SUVs and PUs normally have what I need in headroom, this was an unexpected find. I truely enjoy my Outlander, it is stylish yet practicle. The optional keyless entry with the push button on the door and the keyless start. This makes it alot easier then having to fish for your keys espacially when you have a tired 4 year old in your arms. The Rockford Fosgate Stereo is crisp with the radio station, CD, and Sat. Ironiclly the Outlander was not even on my radar when I was first looking for a new vehicle, so this was a diamond in the rough and an unexpected find. Lastly the 3rd row option is a great treat. It can be folded so it is flush for cargo space but easily folds out when transporting the kids and friends. I recommend at least giving it a thorugh look you may be surprised.
So Far, Solid Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/26/2013. Trim: 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: We went from a Saturn Wagon to this Outlander. It had been sitting on the lot for months so we got a good deal on it. Acceleration is adequate for our needs even in automatic mode. Seats are comfortable in the front and back. Stereo is good, even in the stripped down model. Great storage space in the car and in the hatch (which is why we bought a CUV). The split rear hatch is an interesting feature, though we don't use it that often. Overall mpg is pretty good, around 25 mpg in suburban driving, closer to 30 on the highway. It has a great warranty. We have not yet tested this thing in the snow.
Cons: We get lots of electric shocks in the winter. Doors feel a bit tinny. The CVT fluid is really expensive ($23/quart). OEM Yokohama tires only lasted about 30K miles. Window and lock buttons on door are not lit up at night. Some trim pieces in the back have broken off easily. Dealerships keep disappearing.
Overall review: We needed a CUV for more space since the kids are growing. So far, we have taken this car on two long road trips and it has been great. Handling, suspension, and braking are exceptional. It even did well on a really rough mountain road in Vermont! The kids are happy in the back, and so is the carpool if I use the car for that. It is a rarer, more unusual vehicle, so it attracts quite a bit of attention. The CVT does taking some getting used to, but it shifts smoothly. Just keep a lighter foot on the accelerator. We don't use the manual shift mode. Buttons on the steering wheel are pretty convenient and are lit up at night. I hope Mitsubishi stays in business and expands its vehicle offerings, because after we bought the car three of the closest dealerships closed. This would be a great vehicle to have as a diesel!
You could do worse by Ernie Scar on 02/20/2013. Trim: 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SE AWC, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Looks good, lots of cargo room
Cons: Poor gas mileage (V6) lack of power, no power hatch
Overall review: Okay truck, we bought the top of the line model with the navi etc. For a truck with a V6 the power isn't great and mileage is terrible. Has a strange acceleration lag that the dealer can't fix. Very reliable and great warranty but I wouldn't buy another one.