2011 Volkswagen Jetta

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
I LOVE my Jetta TDI by Dallasurbanite on 07/14/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent response and handling. Great mpg, better than my former car (prius) on highway and more fun to drive. I LOVE that I can drive 600 miles before filling up the tank. Instrument panel is easier to read and less distracting than japanese models I test drove before making my purchase. I also liked the ipod/iphone plug in the glove box. Never had a bluetooth phone connection before, great for handsfree calling.
Cons: Came without tinted windows, which are a must in hot Texas! Was able to negotiate them from the dealer, who was VERY knowledgable, and eager to please, unlike the hyundai and toyota dealers I visited.
Overall review: Would definitely recommend this vehicle. Beat the hyundai sonata hands down for handling, features, and price point. Only caveate I would offer is to be sure to get the "turbo" version if going for the gas model.
2011 VW Jetta SE w/ convenience by Jamie on 08/05/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE w/Convenience, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I really like the one touch power up/down windows. The sound system in this style is awesome. I love the interior look, stereo is easy to figure out, the leatherette seats are very nice. The space in the back seat and trunk is very spacious.
Cons: No tinted windows, but that can be fixed. Leatherette seats are on fire when in the sun for to long, but that's with all leather.
Overall review: I like it and I'm 21 yrs old. I feel like a boss riding around in this fancy car.
Best Looking Jetta to-date! by PC Technician in Maryland on 07/01/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL w/Sport Pkg, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handling w/ sport package is great, features are unending, in vehicle controls are still very minmal, which is aesthetically pleasing (A/C, sterio, etc...), the lights (front and rear) are a much needed improvement over previous models aesthetically, keyless doors and start are convenient and just plain cool, cupholders are an upgrade from prior model Jetta, the exterier curves and lines are much improved over previous models (this is arguably the sharpest looking Jetta to date!)
Cons: I lost power seat adjust, window close/open capability with door keyhole, cargo hook in the trunk, rear seat vents, sliding center armrest, and the storage cubby under the dash with a lid (which was great for change). Not so much a VW issue, but the nav system and my phone didn't make for a clean looking phonebook in the system (Samsung Focus); $200 to get an updated set of maps! (that's online, i haven't asked the dealer if they can update)
Overall review: I came from an 06 Jetta and have found this to be a worthwhile upgrade! I haven't been missing what was taken out of the old Jetta compared to what I gained in the new model. You really can't beat the price of this vehicle. If you're shopping, do yourself a favor and go drive one - while I'm driving the standard, the DSG in the automatic is great, so you won't be disappointed in either transmission option!
May not be excellent, but still pretty darn good!!!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/28/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL w/Sport Pkg, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: One touch up/down power windows, stereo system, driving mechanics, exterior style, large, roomy, quiet cabin, 3 years of complimenetary maintenance... just about everything on this car. Oh! and VW customer's service has been second to none. Good job VW (Wichita Falls, Texas) guys!!!!!
Cons: Rear visibility is not as good as my Honda, voice recognition is not a good as my wife's murano, but I have never use any other, so I can't tell how bad really is, nothing else so far.
Overall review: I love every inch of my new VW! I traded my 98 Honda accord and was a little worried since my Honda was problem free since day one, but as a right now, I haven't found a reason for remorse. Instead, I found a lot to enjoy. The car handles great, looks great (all my friends love the looks of my new VW) and is as big or maybe bigger than my old Accord. The amenities are a plus! especially the stereo, which by the way, sounds great on the SEL model. Yes! there is a lot of plastic and there's no leather, but to be honest, the driving experience still outweights those luxuries. I practically tested every single model out there on this class and none of them felt as refine or well build as the Jetta (except for maybe the Civic which I found to small/uncomfortable for a 5' 11" guy). This car could easily compete in the midsize sedan and still be a good choice, especially when you take into account that it's price is below 25 K's for a loaded model.
Vw jetta review by Mike on 11/05/2012. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Jetta S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Typical vw ride, great steering and over all drive. Great driver response.
Cons: I have the base s model with the 2.0 engine. I have it with a 5speed manual. The car has very little power and I can only imagine how things would be with a automatic. The dash, although very well laid out, is not as nice as the previous gen jetta, however the lay out is so nice it really won't bother most.
Overall review: If I drive it hard I get around 25 mpg if I baby it I have gotten 35 mpg, which is better then I thought. The stero is very good, a sub woofer would be nice but overall very very good. I have 20k miles on it and no mechanical problems what so ever. The car drives great, I still enjoy driving it, the 2.5 liter is worth the upgraded just for the extra power. The car has many standard safety features that are extras on other cars, abs , traction control, front and side airbag, brake assist, etc. This is my 3rd vw and i highly recommend it.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next