2011 Toyota Highlander

Awesome Highlander by Satisified Customer in Des Moines on 02/25/2013. Trim: 2011 Toyota Highlander SE 4X4, Owned 2 years.
Pros: We have been very pleased with the ride quality of the car. It's quiet with a solid feel on the highway. It has plenty of power and handles well in the snow. The rear hatch auto close button is a nice feature when you are unloading groceries or otherwise have your hands full. We enjoy the versatility of fold down seats in the 2nd and 3rd rows when hauling things. One of the reasons we selected the SE model of the Limited was the requirement of 19" tires on the Limited. Very expensive and hard to find in that size. There really wasn't much option difference other than cosmetic in the 2 models.
Cons: After 6 months we had a dash vibration noise that took several trips to the dealership to uncover the source and correct. Other than that, the vehicle has been flawless.
Overall review: The vehicle is a nice blend of ride comfort, utility and hauling ability. It looks sharp. We trailer an 18' pontoon boat over 800 miles every summer with ease. I love to drive it!
Very good choice by Grove City Obio on 07/31/2012. Trim: 2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Ride comfort and AWD handling top my list, but quality and overall power keep this my top rated vehicle. I chose highlander over pilot primarily on msn reviews and am more than happy with this decision. I've had no mechanical issues in the first 1 1/2 years and enjoy Toyotas free maintanence program for oil changes and tire rotations. I've driven from Ohio to upper Maine and to Florida with no complaints. Overall a great value but you will pay at the. Pump.
Cons: Gas mileage could be better. A hybrid is available but you have to decide if the fuel savings exceed the excess price of vehicle. Just do the math in terms of how long you expect to own versus your actual expected usage.
Overall review: Overall, very pleased with this choice. 3rd row is usable for children. Very comfortable for adults in rows 1-2. Great alternative to minivan for 1 to 2 kids. As for the handling critiques, it's an SUV, so don't expect a Porsche manuever on a turn.
Good all around SUV by Taylorslaces from NJ on 07/26/2012. Trim: 2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very comfortable, quiet ride. I love all the features. Big, roomy interior that has no problem fitting the big stuff. More than adequate cup holders, roomy console storage, and plenty of jacks to plug in everything from USBs, to GPS and cell phone chargers. Very well thought out for todays drivers.
Cons: Would have liked a larger sunroof, but that's just whining:) The gas mileage isn't as good as I would have liked but with some minor tweeks in driving habits, you'll get decent performance.
Overall review: I love this car! It provided close to everything I could have wanted. Would buy Toyota again.
Luxurious but boring. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/17/2011. Trim: 2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The vehicle is comfortable and quiet, with adequate acceleration. No trips to the service department for warranty work. Controls are intuitive.
Cons: The handling is poor; there is very noticeable body role when changing lanes or cornering . This is a minivan in SUV clothing.
Overall review: This is a very practical car, so practical that I am bored. This is a SUV without the sport.
Major Electrical Issues by Frustrated with Toyota on 05/15/2012. Trim: 2011 Toyota Highlander Base 4X2 I4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: A lot of features for the money. It is a comfortable vehicle.
Cons: Major electrical issues. The steering and brake distribution are electronic and are controlled by the computer. These systems have failed.
Overall review: This is a comfortable car and great for the family. However we have owned this car for about a year and have had major electrical issues with the steering and brakes. These systems are controlled by the computer and have failed on us. The steering twice and the brakes once. This has left our family in an unsafe situation 3 times in the past year we have owned this car. We regret every buying this car. I would not recommend this car to anyone. Computers should not be controlling the steering or brakes!