2011 BMW X5

The Ultimate Hyped vehicle. P.T. Barnum was right. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/20/2012. Trim: 2011 BMW X5 xDrive35d, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It looks nice & good brakes
Cons: Controls quirky, electronics that work when they feel like it. BMW service is the worst in the business.
Overall review: BMW is the most overhyped brand ever. If you have the money, buy a Mercedes. If not buy a Cadillac. either way you will have a better experience with those brands then you will with a BMW. I've owned all of them and BMW is the worst by far, don't believe the hype!
Best Handling SUV by Driver, California on 12/26/2011. Trim: 2011 BMW X5 xDrive35d, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Power, acceleration, handling, stability, no-BS understated design that will last, quality materials, thought-out ergonomics and features. The diesel has been frugal for the car of this weight: 20-21 mpg in the city, 27-28 mpg on the highway. The car always feels very composed and in control of the road. For a car of this size and weight it is impressive that it stays true to its BMW traditions.
Cons: Expensive options. The car overall could be good value (<50K), but with a few extras could easily top 60k. Also, watch out for all the "extras" dealers are trying to
Overall review: Very impressed with a diesel. There is never any lack of power, it has a pleasant growl to it and it is a lot more efficient than the gasoline 3.0 turbo. BMW America had a $2,500 credit on any diesel car in 2011, which tipped me over in my decision, and I do no regret it!
CPO with multiple major problems. Not worth it. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/14/2014. Trim: 2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i Premium, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Well designed, excellent combination of luxury, performance and utility. Great power. Stops on a dime. Panoramic roof a must.
Cons: Tires are rough, makes the vehicle very jumpy. Harsh ride. Poor servicing from BMW dealership - the initial reaction is to blame the problem on the customer.
Overall review: We initially became interested in this vehicle because of its combination of luxury, performance and utility. Our BMW had the optional third row seat and was the Premium model. After buying it as a CPO from the dealer and not 6 months later, it began to give us problems: the battery wore out, the air suspension kept "deflating" and making the car look like it was slammed, the iDrive monitor stopped working. The final straw came as we were driving on a Sunday, the drivetrain transfer case BLEW UP! There was a huge explosion underneath and the vehicle limped to the side of the highway. The vehicle would not move and had to be towed to the dealer. Once again, this was a CPO with average miles on it. Even though this catastrophe was fixed under warranty, we decided to cut our losses. We sold it and are now the proud owners of a Porsche Cayenne. End of horror story. Do not buy a BMW SUV/SAV!
Major uneven tire wearing by Nurse who thoroughly enjoys driving a great vehicle....but disappointed in BMW on 09/08/2012. Trim: 2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity, Owned 1 year.
Pros: My husband has always commented on the workmanship of this vehicle, but has now gone sour due to the tire problem we continue to have.
Cons: I find the seats very uncomfortable and difficult to get in/out of vehicle. The real problem we have had is the tires. Before the first 10,000 miles, knots popped out on the left front tires and then right in front of our eyes another know popped out on left rear tire. The staff at dealership had the nerve to tell me I had "pinched" or "bruised" the tires! I drove this $68,000 vehicle like it was a glass bubble and had never done anything to the tires. Needless to say, we had to purchase 4 tires (since rear tires wider on sport model). Now this set of tires has less than 19,000 miles and was told this week the uneven wear was due to need for alignment...Not!!!
Overall review: I have to think others may have had this tire problem since dealership offered a "special" tire policy that could be purchased only at the time vehicle was purchased.
Classing up the way this soccer-mom rolls by Catharine on 09/25/2011. Trim: 2011 BMW X5 xDrive35d, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is my 4th and I absolutely love everything about this vehicle. Every time I walk to the car I find myself admiring it, I never seem to get tired of the BMW….
Cons: My radio isn’t loud enough… all the extras are a bit complicated to figure out…I think I need to spend a week in the car reading the owners manual. I'm also so protective I don't want to drive it because I don't want anyone near it....
Overall review: I’ve only owned the car for 3 weeks but as I said this is my 4th and overall I would recommend this car to anyone.